Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

102 Minutes That Changed America

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I had just returned from Cuba a few days before and was hoping to catch up on Neighbours, only for it to be interrupted. I think I sat in front of the TV for near on 10 hours solid, just watching it open mouthed (9/11, not Neighbours).

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The day the world stopped, ask anyone they will know what they were doing when it happened or they heard about it. I was at home then met up before the game against southampton in the crown and anchor

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
got this on sky+ new footage looks good

watched a 3 part thing called inside 9/11 that was good. found the bit about the 'jumpers' rather disturbing

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Was coming across the Beddingham railway crossing in the jalopy when it interrupted the music on Radio 1. First described as an air crash into the WTC, then the whole story gradually unfolded...

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The day the world stopped, ask anyone they will know what they were doing when it happened or they heard about it. I was at home then met up before the game against southampton in the crown and anchor

A mate rang me at work, and told me "World War 3 had started", and that several more jets were being tracked. He was watching it live on TV. Almost impossible to get any response from the BBC news web site.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I do remember watching it on sky news who took on an american broadcasters coverage and at first after the first plane it was being described simply as a plane crash, and then live on screen the second plane hit.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
anyone not watching really should put 530 on, some amazing footage that i've certainly never seen before, none of the main new broadcasts, just people's real footage

I'd echo that but if you want to catch it from the start put it onto history channel+1 as its now finished I think.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've seen every documentary and own so many DVDs about the conspiracy theories, all of it fascinates me. I'm only interested by the WTC though to be honest, the Pentagon "attack" is balls, the eye witnesses disagreed with each other about what size the plane was for one thing...

But why would those buildings collpase into their own footprint?! That's what I don't get, ok, the building collapsed and I can't see why it should. But we'll never know.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
some amazing footage the folks jumping to save themselves from burning prob the most powerfull images ive ever seen on tv

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Crap it, I wanted to watch that and forgot it was on :angry:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I've seen every documentary and own so many DVDs about the conspiracy theories, all of it fascinates me. I'm only interested by the WTC though to be honest, the Pentagon "attack" is balls, the eye witnesses disagreed with each other about what size the plane was for one thing...

But why would those buildings collpase into their own footprint?! That's what I don't get, ok, the building collapsed and I can't see why it should. But we'll never know.

Oh God, not all that nonsense again.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

No you can't see why it should because you are not a structural engineer, they can see plainly why it would.

Please don't turn this into a binfest.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was in my room watching something else and my brother came in and said "oh America's been bombed".

It couldn't have sunk in less at first, I had assumed the attack was something very small for some reason and I think I even just carried on watching whatever I was watching for a bit first.

Took about a week or so to really sink in what had happened.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No you can't see why it should because you are not a structural engineer, they can see plainly why it would.

Please don't turn this into a binfest.

Depends on who you listen to though, doesn't it. That's kind of the point, isn't it? Noone agrees on anything, and that's where the questions come from. Asking questions is a good thing. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here