Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£100m Super-Mosque!!

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Ken Livingstone is planning to use tax payer's money to build an enormous mosque costing an estimated 100M in the docklands. What do you think about it? Wouldn't it be better to spend the money on a new hospital or improved transport facilities?? BIGGER THAN ST PAULS!!! The plan is for the mosque to be so big that people flying in from all over the world for the 2012 Olympics will see it as the biggest landmark in London, bigger than St Pauls, Westminster Abbey or Wembley Stadium
Take a second to cast your vote in The Evening Standard on-line poll to determine public opinion about whether a mega mosque should be built for the Olympics.

The vote so far is 56 % in favour.

It looks like the Muslim community is casting its vote in droves, and as usual the Christians are burying their heads in the sand....

Link Here

I was sent this by email, apparantly the voting was 62% in favour now down to 56%.

Make your own minds up whther you think we need this - I'm not going to open up a can of worms by saying which way I think this vote should go but lets say I felt strongly enough to vote

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
7 pages i reckon

lights blue touch paper :wave:

voted against it btw, enough of them there mosques up here in brum :eek:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
voted against , as clearly the money should be spent elsewhere. Is the last thing London needs

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
butchy said:
voted no, where is the need for it...if this is built before Falmer i will flip

there will be plenty of volunteers to assist in its erection if it goes ahead (muslims that is)
:jester:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I read somewhere that most of the money isn't actually gonna come from the tax payer, but from Saudi Arabia. Don't know how true that is though

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If true, that is a disgraceful waste of taxpayers money. However the Standard is a shit rag, which is and always will be petty and vindictive towards Ken Livingston. I wouldn't trust them on anything that paints him in a bad light. They're a bunch of f***ing twats. I'll wait for the BBC or a moderate national paper to pick up the story.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
seagully said:
I read somewhere that most of the money isn't actually gonna come from the tax payer, but from Saudi Arabia. Don't know how true that is though
Yep, that sounds more like it. As I say, the Standard is NOT to be trusted.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
227 BHA said:
Ken Livingstone is planning to use tax payer's money to build an enormous mosque costing an estimated 100M in the docklands. What do you think about it? Wouldn't it be better to spend the money on a new hospital or improved transport facilities??

It looks like the Muslim community is casting its vote in droves, and as usual the Christians are burying their heads in the sand....

This is nothing to do with being christians or lions. I'm an athiest (and by the way we've never started a war in the name of atheism) and there is no way that taxpayers money should be used to build any place of worship. If the misguided feel a need to pray then it's up to them to build somewhere to do said deed. But why exactly they can't pray in the privacy of their own homes is beyond me.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
227 BHA said:
Ken Livingstone is planning to use tax payer's money to build an enormous mosque costing an estimated 100M in the docklands. What do you think about it? Wouldn't it be better to spend the money on a new hospital or improved transport facilities?? BIGGER THAN ST PAULS!!! The plan is for the mosque to be so big that people flying in from all over the world for the 2012 Olympics will see it as the biggest landmark in London, bigger than St Pauls, Westminster Abbey or Wembley Stadium
Take a second to cast your vote in The Evening Standard on-line poll to determine public opinion about whether a mega mosque should be built for the Olympics.

Link Here

I was sent this by email, apparantly the voting was 62% in favour now down to 56%.

Make your own minds up whther you think we need this - I'm not going to open up a can of worms by saying which way I think this vote should go but lets say I felt strongly enough to vote

Where does it say this will be using public money?? This article seem to suggest private backing

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1879728,00.html

Don't really see what the problem is if its private money.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I thought the whole point of organised religion was that it was a huge money making business and most are absolutely loaded. I'm sure Osaama could stump up the cash for it rather than tax payers!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
is just a case of Ken trying to suck up to the minority. Is a disgraceful idea with all the crap that goes on in london sure the people could suggest better ways to spend £100m

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: £100m Super-Mosque!!

Hatterlovesbrighton said:
Where does it say this will be using public money?? This article seem to suggest private backing

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1879728,00.html

Don't really see what the problem is if its private money.
Exactly. As I say, never trust the Standard. They'll make up any old bullshit if it makes the mayor look bad. They give journalists a bad name IMO.

No LDA or any other Governmnet money is being spent on the Mosque, it is an Evening Standard attack on Muslims and Ken.

Mosque's are privately funded and it will be near the Olympic Zone, Stratford as the rest of East London has a huge Muslim population, perhaps the biggest outside of the middle east.

Great idea.

LC

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here