Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 yr old asbo'd for drug related violence

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Barrel of Fun said:
Les is having a bit of keyboard trouble. :D

:lolol: Fingers crossed. Thats the only one I haven't double checked so far.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gully said:
Probably right, mixture of cost and laziness, those who live on crap food will probably cite a busy lifestyle as an excuse not to cook properly...depends how highly you regard your health I guess. The idea of subsidising fresh fruit and veg is a good one, but taxing food of high fat content (such as take aways) may just result in people spending less on what is good for them to make up the difference.

Think we are back to education again, without subjecting the little darlings to brainwashing, surely school kids must receive education about what is good for them. Perhaps we should look at countries with the lowest rates of childhood obesity and bad behaviour, work out what the relationship is between them and how their lifestyles differ from the UK. My money would be on there being a very obvious link between the two and that being something that is not mirrored in our country.

(1) I don't think shovelling crap down your kids throats comes from having a a busy lifestyle (unless you count having to press the remote to change from Trisha to Jeremy Kyle to Richard & Judy as busy)

(2) Education- you can have as many messages in school as you like, but you have to get the kids TO school first
:lolol:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
edna krabappel said:

How much do you want to bet that at the same time she blames his behaviour on his condition, she feeds him on Cheestrings, Sunny D and Dairylea Lunchables, the sort of additive filled crap that has been scientifically proven to affect kids behaviour (compared to say fresh, "proper" food, if you will)?

Probably more like .. heres some money get your tea from the chippy

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fair point, a lot of it is just down to ignorance and laziness, but I was citing the busy lifestyle as a cheap excuse. Message understood about getting kids to go to school, perhaps I should become a truant officer!

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was just thinking of role models on TV, could only come up with Chesney on Corrie, the poor little lad is fed junk by his mother...mostly from the chippy where she works, but he is intelligent, well behaved, loves school and is probably the shining star of that particular family.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't laugh, but there are plenty of parents out there like Cilla in Coronation Street.

I was in court a couple of weeks ago to see several teenagers get (hurrah) custodial sentences for a nasty and completely unprovoked attack on a group of young victims.

When they heard they were getting jailed, the families and friends of the offenders came out of court shouting, swearing and crying about how unfair it all was. They were shocked at the sentence.

What got me is their outrage at what they perceived as the unfairness of the punishment. It never remotely occurred to them to feel sorry for the victim, one of whom had his head stamped on by at least one of these thugs. They were only upset because the nasty magistrates had punished their poor boys...

:rolleyes:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I did some work experience with a Barrister before A-Levels and found exactly the same sort of thing happening, Edna. It was very much...

'Little Johnny ain't been in trouble a all vis week. He ain't robbed off any OAPs for over a munf'

No respect or offer of sympathy to the victim in question and led out of court by some very dopey looking 'uncles' who had obviously bought a charity shop suit for the occasion and who had obviously skipped their 11am appointment with the local pub to show some solidarity. Mutterings of 'they wouldn't been so 'arsh if he were a flamin' immigrant'.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Barrel of Fun said:
I did some work experience with a Barrister before A-Levels and found exactly the same sort of thing happening, Edna. It was very much...

'Little Johnny ain't been in trouble a all vis week. He ain't robbed off any OAPs for over a munf'

No respect or offer of sympathy to the victim in question and led out of court by some very dopey looking 'uncles' who had obviously bought a charity shop suit for the occasion and who had obviously skipped their 11am appointment with the local pub to show some solidarity. Mutterings of 'they wouldn't been so 'arsh if he were a flamin' immigrant'.

Sounds familiar. Victims don't often get to see what they perceive to be a just punishment, I mean what does a community order mean to someone who's been robbed at knifepoint?

So I don't think it'd be unprofessional of me to admit we were all very pleased with this particular sentence, and it was extremely hard not to laugh at the aghast faces of the defendants' mates, gathered outside, when they heard the outcome.

:clap:

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I had my shed broken into just before Christmas, I would have paid to see the look on the face of the perpetrator when he realised that it wasn't full of goodies (power tools, alcohol and stashed Xmas pressies) but a flymo and a rusty old mountain bike.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Gully said:
I had my shed broken into just before Christmas, I would have paid to see the look on the face of the perpetrator when he realised that it wasn't full of goodies (power tools, alcohol and stashed Xmas pressies) but a flymo and a rusty old mountain bike.

I got that flymo running like a dream though!

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Ha, ha...the flymo and bike are now chained together...if the buggers come back for the bike they will have to take both.

I can imagine the Police asking, what does the bike look like ?...well it is a purple mountain bike, with an orange flymo attached to it.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Gully said:

Likewise my shed was broken into just before christmas and my son's mini moto was taken. But by far the funniest part of it was that they had actually taken about 3 black bags of rubbish (not household waste) that we had been storing for eventual disposal.

All in all good days work - got rid of a mini moto and the rubbish all in one go and it never cost me a penny.

I too would like to have seen their faces.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I had my entire dvd collection, dvd player, cd collection,stereo and £200 cash stolen from the crummy bedsit I lived in years ago. Not insured either. I actually wept.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
edna krabappel said:
The funny thing about it is his Mum saying that since he's been on medication, his behaviour has improved dramatically.

Probably thinks his behaviour is all down to some attention related disorder that can be cured with a drug, and none of this is her fault.

How much do you want to bet that at the same time she blames his behaviour on his condition, she feeds him on Cheestrings, Sunny D and Dairylea Lunchables, the sort of additive filled crap that has been scientifically proven to affect kids behaviour (compared to say fresh, "proper" food, if you will)?

Do you ever serve processed food to your children ?

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
I used to serve some processed food to my children but also fed them homemade food and good wholesome dinners. The processed food would have been the minority of their diet. My husband was unemployed for a while so money was short but it was as cheap to put a "normal" dinner up in front of everyone. It just took a bit of time and effort to prepare and cook it.

Now of their own choice they all eat very healthy food and can be quite choosy as to what they put into their body.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here