Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 yr old asbo'd for drug related violence

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
bn3gunner said:
im just fed up with trying my best to raise a family doing up my house(council),working whilst looking at scroungers wasters drug dealers etc,and all the government seem to do is charge me more and more for the pleasure of doing so
WEll of course they are gonna charge you more for the pleasure of doing so. How else do they afford to pay for this scum. :angry: :angry:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
In fact, what is lacking is a sense of social responsibility, lack of that is definitely caused by many factors...not just the individual themself, but their parents, school and society as a whole.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Change the law so that either the child is legally responsible for what they do, or failing that the parents or guardian are legally responsible. Make sure that kids dont go to court get a slap on the wrist and then they still get the same punishment for the 50th offence. They know that is most cases they can get away with it.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
"Some nine year old tough who peddles drugs I swear to God, I swear I never even knew what drugs were..."

So wrote Morrissey 21 years ago.

Norman Baker suck my lozenge said:
welcome to blairs Britain.

A direct result of 10 years of 'there is no such thing as society' tory misrule. Do the sums, who was in power when the childs wastrel parent was growing up? who was it that decimated the industrial north of the country leaving huge numbers unemployed?

Hint, it wasn't labour.

Last edited:

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yeah, there is no point blaming everything on the Blair Govt, this problem has been building up for far longer than that, even before the Thatcher "no such thing as society" administration. However, this is a problem that is starting to get out of control if the media are to be believed, how can we turn things round?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
We should take it into our own hands. If the government won't stop it I'm gonna give it a f***ing good shot. I may become Batman.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The funny thing about it is his Mum saying that since he's been on medication, his behaviour has improved dramatically.

Probably thinks his behaviour is all down to some attention related disorder that can be cured with a drug, and none of this is her fault.

How much do you want to bet that at the same time she blames his behaviour on his condition, she feeds him on Cheestrings, Sunny D and Dairylea Lunchables, the sort of additive filled crap that has been scientifically proven to affect kids behaviour (compared to say fresh, "proper" food, if you will)?

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
There have been a few programmes on the tv about the benefit of a good diet, particularly comparing the difference in what average kids eat in the UK and many European countries...other than the Jamie Oliver campaign against turkey twizzlers I am still to be convinced that the benefits to one and all of a decent healthy diet are being taken seriously.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
When I went to school Home Economics was complusory (for girls and boys) up until year 10 - not sure if it still is, or whether it is in this country - but given the state of the diets of some kids I'd think their parents were never taught to cook...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
They reckon t works wonds n Prison when tey introduce a better diet.

In some parts of Ireland during olden times workers would eat up to 12lbs of potatos a day. With a diet like that no wonder so many turned out to be criminals.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
tedebear said:
When I went to school Home Economics was complusory (for girls and boys) up until year 10 - not sure if it still is, or whether it is in this country - but given the state of the diets of some kids I'd think their parents were never taught to cook...

It was compulsory in my school until year 9. Didn't teach me how to cook anything useful though.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I had about 5 lessons in home economics at the age of 10, after that absolutely nothing, all I can remember cooking was shepherds pie and a victoria sponge. I can honestly say that my cooking is better than passable, I have no trouble in surviving on a healthy and wholesome diet, the majority of which is prepared from fresh ingredients...it can't be that difficult.

I guess it all depends how fussy you are about what enters your digestive system, if you compare your body to a car...put cheap supermarket petrol in the engine and it will let you down from time to time and won't achieve peak performance...similar situation with good food and the body.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Les Biehn said:
It was compulsory in my school until year 9. Didn't teach me how to cook anything useful though.

Really? I learned loads at school....but most my Grandma taught me - she was the bestest cook EVER!! :down:

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The best tip I had was from my mum, always run your hands under the cold tap before you make pastry, it stops your fingers from melting the butter and ruining it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Chesney Christ said:
What the f*ck is that sentence?

Les is having a bit of keyboard trouble. :D

I am sure it comes down to cost and the desire to shop once a week. Easier to buy a huge bag of frozen chips, than shopping every other day for fresh ingredients. Plus, I spend a small fortune on fruit, when you can get things like Ice Cream at a mere fraction of the price. Perhaps, subsidised fresh fruit and vegetables, whilst taxing food of high fat content?!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was crap at cooking at school, still no Nigella Lawson now.

But I do tend to cook stuff for myself from fresh ingredients, it tastes miles better than any pre packaged ready meal or frozen stuff, and it usually works out cheaper as well.

I end up going round people's houses in the course of work, and it's not unusual to be able to smell the fags and chip fat before you even get past the front door in some cases. Little wonder their kids have the concentration levels of a goldfish with Alzheimers.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Probably right, mixture of cost and laziness, those who live on crap food will probably cite a busy lifestyle as an excuse not to cook properly...depends how highly you regard your health I guess. The idea of subsidising fresh fruit and veg is a good one, but taxing food of high fat content (such as take aways) may just result in people spending less on what is good for them to make up the difference.

Think we are back to education again, without subjecting the little darlings to brainwashing, surely school kids must receive education about what is good for them. Perhaps we should look at countries with the lowest rates of childhood obesity and bad behaviour, work out what the relationship is between them and how their lifestyles differ from the UK. My money would be on there being a very obvious link between the two and that being something that is not mirrored in our country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here