Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 youth players sign pro

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Story in todays Argus. Great news and will probably mean goodbye to some of the older players.

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Crikey...that is alot...i'am now without doubt expecting a major cull this summer no matter what division we find ourselves in.

Who is out of contract at the end of the season

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
This is fantastic.

12 players from one age group is a great testament to the work that Dean Wilkins and Martin Hinshelwood have done.:clap2:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Preparing for life in league one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
McGhee's Babes runaway champions of League One next season?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think McCammon, McPhee, Jarrett, Kuipers, Dodd and Molango will all go.

Question marks over Nicolas, (i think he might be out of contract), and Breach

Think he will offer new deals to Guy, Charlie, OGH and Reidy.

Is Chippy out of contract ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
chippy has another year i think, As does Kuipers

Nicolas will go, would seem wasted money on him as for some reason he never plays - Breach has another year.

I would give new deal to Butters and Reid thats about it.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
KinkyNormanBaker said:

Nicolas will go, would seem wasted money on him as for some reason he never plays - Breach has another year.

Still think Kuipers will leave, MM has made it clear he hasn't got a future here... don't see the point of keeping Breach unless he is gonna make that breakthrough to the first team and the signings of Loft and now Chamberlain and Fraser make that more unlikely.

Would offer OGH a deal as he is so versatile

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I think the out of contract players are: Chippy, Hart, Oatway, McCammon, Butters, Nicolas, Mayo, Dodd.

When the loans expire we also lose Flo and McShane from the wage bill.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
y2dave said:
I think the out of contract players are: Chippy, Hart, Oatway, McCammon, Butters, Nicolas, Mayo, Dodd.

When the loans expire we also lose Flo and McShane from the wage bill.

Only Butters, Hart and Oatway for me from that list, maybe Chippy if we go down

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Breach has been injured most of the season and is only just coming back, I think.

He may well get a chance soon, depending on how others perform and the overall situation, but he was well ahead of his age group all through and certainly has the potential to make it.

Oh, and he definitely has another year on his contract.

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
sully said:
Breach has been injured most of the season and is only just coming back, I think.

He may well get a chance soon, depending on how others perform and the overall situation, but he was well ahead of his age group all through and certainly has the potential to make it.

Oh, and he definitely has another year on his contract.

He has been on loan at Bognor

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
KinkyNormanBaker said:

I think Chippy and Oatway are both out of contract but have been promised new ones.

Out of contract I think are Dodd, Mayo, G. Elphick, Butters, Chippy, Oatway, Nicolas, McPhee and McCammon.

I would possibly keep Butts but nobody else from that list other than Chippy and Oatway. I think the signings of Lynch, P. Hinshelwood, Rents and T. Elphick mean Gary Elphick will go. Reid still has a year left as he signed for two years last summer. I would also transfer list Kuipers and Jarrett.

It is great news that we are investing in our young players again. From two years combined we have brought through 12 players. That is incredible and these are the players who could be playing at Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here