Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10, yes 10 years ago today

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was there with my brother and dad. Sadly dad is no longer able to get there in person. It was amazing to just drink it all in.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I was at a family wedding ffs
Pretty much last time I saw them too!
Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

albionite

May 20, 2009
Always something to complain about eh

I remember my burger was cold that day as well. Was it Sodexo? I can’t remember

No idea who it was, but they had Thai green curry, stir fry and other things on the menu, which went back to pies burgers and hot dogs for Doncaster game. Is that a complaint as well?
I can live without it but was disappointed at the time with all the hype about good food and beer and being different to other football grounds, but have ended up fosters and strong bow.
There is a bar that sells Lagunitas, which I am happy with but ssshhhh don’t want everyone queuing up when we allowed back in.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I went with my ex and her two kids. One of her kids distracted me just as Hart scored so I missed the bloody goal! Stupid kids.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It's so strange seeing the AMEX without the corners or the ESU.

It is funny looking at it now. I was there that day too and remember being bowled over, but looking back it looks like such a building site.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I enjoyed it, I generally love the Sussex Senior Cup

seem to remember really bad queues for drink and food though. Plus we were in the front row and the wall was very DUSTY

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Yes, I was there, in the West. Couldn't believe my luck when I phoned the ticket office and asked if there were any tickets available and the woman said, yes, come and sit where you want.

I'd seen the ground taking shape but the scale of the West Stand and in particular the roof just blew me away after those years at Priestfield and Withdean. I spent more time looking at the structure than I did watching the game I suspect.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
anyone got the Albion line up?

123421.jpg

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Oh the Eastbourne Borough pre-season game, no l waited for the real fun to start against Donny.

Apart from watching the Amex grow like a Phoenix from the ashes in person driving past or watching the build progress on line, my only visit to the ground proper was when I along with everyone else who signed up for a season ticket was invited to an opening presentation, I could not wait to get my first taste of the new ground and to sit in my shiny new blue cushioned leatherette comfy seat. A very emotional time as was the Donny game, what bought it home to me on how far we had come was when we entertained the Gunners (at least I think it was them through the clouds of time!!) in an FA cup match and the club had hired electronic advertising hoardings, walking down the steps of west lower, I knew we had arrived and my emotions got the better of me and suddenly I had something in my eye. Memories........

.............. i was a complete wreck a few months later When uncle Tone went out and bought our own, what a guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here