Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10, yes 10 years ago today

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wanted to wait until a real match and went for Donny instead. Glad I did and the view as I walked up the steps will stay with me forever :amex:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9933023 said:
This was the squad (I think OGH was a special guest appearance)

As with Andrew Crofts and Gary Dicker, the youth team are allowed one over age player.
OGH had scored the first goal at Withdean, and asked Gus if he could play in this game as it was our new home. He was determined to score.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
As with Andrew Crofts and Gary Dicker, the youth team are allowed one over age player.
OGH had scored the first goal at Withdean, and asked Gus if he could play in this game as it was our new home. He was determined to score.

Indeed, but I don't think OGH was under contract with us anymore at that point, he was technically just a random guy who got drafted in to play that match.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Been googling it and found some fantastic pictures -> HERE

I was there and took a few pictures, which I posted on Flickr. There was a creative commons flag I had set, which meant that anyone could use your photos as long as they credited you. A couple of years later my snap of the East Stand appeared in the Metro and someone let me know.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I was there. What a decade it’s been. It was my 14th birthday that day. I went to my first game at 4. And I’m 24 today.

Getting a bit old now.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I've got an upside down video clip of the goal (wasn't very good with mobile phones in those days) if anyone's interested and can tell me how to upload it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9933032 said:
Indeed, but I don't think OGH was under contract with us anymore at that point, he was technically just a random guy who got drafted in to play that match.

If I remember rightly he got a one month extension.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Trying to think back as to which current players have been at The Amex since the first game. Can only think of Dunk? March signed December 2011, so wasn't there at the start.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Ahhh, back when those lovely roofs were blue.

Always something to complain about eh

I remember my burger was cold that day as well. Was it Sodexo? I can’t remember

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We were there. Felt like we had just moved into a new house and hadn’t realized how good it was. The atmosphere and game didn’t really live up to the billing but that day was more about finding your seat and the nearest beer kiosk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here