Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 point penalty?!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Listened to it a couple of times, strange point he is trying to make.

This team is so good that even they did something that accounted for ten point penalty they would still go up...

I think...

(my comment about the penalties was a bad joke...)

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Bizarrely this stupid rumour has quite worried non-NSC Albion fans I know who, as they know I am an internet football forum geek, have been asking me "is it true we could get a 10 point deduction" all night. Ffs, what does is take in Chinese whispers from someone misunderstanding a throwaway radio comment to non-NSC Albion fans shitting themselves. Not much, it seems... Plus, you'll still be champions even with a -10 you bastards x

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I know Colin Murray through various media connections, and he's so far up himself that there are black holes in deepest deep space where there is more light. BBC colleagues can't stand him. They even prefer Alan Green ....

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
CM - "Looking a League 1, Brighton and that's a post war record now for wins in a row. They beat Swindon 2-1. Makes the situation a lot less sticky doesn't it, in terms of imposing a penalty, Andy, on them for what ever misdemeanour's. You're looking at Ten points *mumble* some illegal signing or whatever."

AD - "Yer"

CM - "and now they are 13 points clear, they can actually be given the 10 points ban and have a game in hand and still be clear at the top of the division and they are very much a championship outfit"

Andy - "Very much a Championship outfit and very much a championship manager or Premier League manager"

CM - "and going to a new stadium as well"

AD - "Yer"

CM and Andy - Waffle about going to the seaside.

I have taken out the Umms, Arghs, Errs and such crap but that is exactly what was said. CM and Andy Dunn think we are gonna get a ten points deduction. I can forgive CM getting muddled but Andy Dunn? The chief sports writer for NoW? No chance, he would have corrected Colin and clarified such an obviously contentious issue.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
This has put my mind at rest, as I was sure I heard this in my hung-over state, but not 100% sure. It scared the brown stuff out of me for a whiel though.

I didn't used to like him, but his hosting of Fighting Talk has won me round. His friday night programme is good fun too and he's a massive Flaming Lips fan, so can't be a bad bloke.

CM - "Looking a League 1, Brighton and that's a post war record now for wins in a row. They beat Swindon 2-1. Makes the situation a lot less sticky doesn't it, in terms of imposing a penalty, Andy, on them for what ever misdemeanour's. You're looking at Ten points *mumble* some illegal signing or whatever."

AD - "Yer"

CM - "and now they are 13 points clear, they can actually be given the 10 points ban and have a game in hand and still be clear at the top of the division and they are very much a championship outfit"

Andy - "Very much a Championship outfit and very much a championship manager or Premier League manager"

CM - "and going to a new stadium as well"

AD - "Yer"

CM and Andy - Waffle about going to the seaside.

I have taken out the Umms, Arghs, Errs and such crap but that is exactly what was said. CM and Andy Dunn think we are gonna get a ten points deduction. I can forgive CM getting muddled but Andy Dunn? The chief sports writer for NoW? No chance, he would have corrected Colin and clarified such an obviously contentious issue.

Just listened to it on iPlayer, sounds to me as if he just got a bit confused. He was falling over his words a bit. Reckon the reason why Andy Dunn didn't say anything because it wasn't clear what he was getting at (and it's not his job to question the presenter)

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
This has put my mind at rest, as I was sure I heard this in my hung-over state, but not 100% sure. It scared the brown stuff out of me for a whiel though.

I didn't used to like him, but his hosting of Fighting Talk has won me round. His friday night programme is good fun too and he's a massive Flaming Lips fan, so can't be a bad bloke.

Sorryn what, exactly, has put your mind at rest ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here