Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 point penalty?!

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Listening to Colin Murray on 5 live about half an hour ago banging on about Brighton being 13 points clear and being able to cope with the possibility of a 10 points deduction and still get promoted. Have I missed something, or is he getting confusing BHA with QPR?

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
He's just making the point that we're far enough to cope with a hypothetical 10 point deduction shirley?
No, he definitely was under the illusion that there was a 10 point penalty in the offing. He wasn't talking hypothetically - what would be the point? And stop calling me Shirley :)

Think he is getting confused with QPR.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The 10 points deduction is seriously being considered by the FL to give Southampton a fair chance to be League 1 Champions this season.

D

Deleted User X18H

Or do Baz and Battipieddi have private owners? And no one knew until , the guy turned up yesterday and walked out with Baz under his arm.

Or perhaps Sandaza signed the wrong contract or some shit. And is still contracted to Dundee .

Or perhaps Colin Murray is 'filling' until the news !

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Or do Baz and Battipieddi have private owners? And no one knew until , the guy turned up yesterday and walked out with Baz under his arm.

Or perhaps Sandaza signed the wrong contract or some shit. And is still contracted to Dundee .

Or perhaps Colin Murray is 'filling' until the news !
He was talking about it in the context of some signing misdemeanour (just like QPR). Surely I wasn't the only one who heard it.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I heard it too, but assumed that he was just comparing us with QPR and saying that even with a deduction we would still be top with a game in hand.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I heard it, I don't think he was confused, just using it as a light hearted example to demonstrate just how far ahead we are in that we could in theory go and make an illegal signing and still be 3 points clear.

Although yes, Sheffield Wednesday and SCC are due to each get a 20 point bonus for being such massive clubs with long term histories, and both deserve to p1ss this league on that basis alone.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Listening to Colin Murray on 5 live
There's your mistake right there. Never listen to him, he's a f***ing twat. I tried to watch poker on channel 5, and he was commentating but he clearly didn't have a f***ing clue about the game. I then saw him commentating on football and he wasn't much better. He's a twat of the highest order.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There's your mistake right there. Never listen to him, he's a f***ing twat. I tried to watch poker on channel 5, and he was commentating but he clearly didn't have a f***ing clue about the game. I then saw him ocmmentating on football and he wasn't much better. He's a twat of the highest order.

....he then went on to say how impressed he was and that he fully expected us to do well in the Championship next season, and that with a new stadium, great manager and solid backing, he was predicting a very bright future for us!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's your mistake right there. Never listen to him, he's a f***ing twat. I tried to watch poker on channel 5, and he was commentating but he clearly didn't have a f***ing clue about the game. I then saw him commentating on football and he wasn't much better. He's a twat of the highest order.

Good call. Knows about as much about music also. One of these annoying twats who just wants to be on the telly and hapens to have an agent with great connections.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sad for them I know, but Wednesday would need a 37 point bonus to overtake us.

No, they would overhaul those 17 points in the run in, it's obvious that we're going to fade away as we're not big enough to last the pace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here