Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 most hated players in premier league history?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Its a crap list because it doesnt go far enough back.

No Vinny Jones

No Cantona (ask leeds fans)

No David Batty

No Martin Keown

No John Hartson (wasn't he then one who called the Isreali a dirty Jew?)

No Paulo Di Canio

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd say that list of 10 is a pretty good guide. What's remarkable is that in 20-odd years of football most fans seem to agree on a pool of 18-20 players as being the biggest (*****; if you asked who the best players have been you'd easily get 30 or 40 names.

There are a number of players who are twats but don't make it onto the list by virtue of their workrate, skill or goals output - Shearer, Rooney, Di Canio, Tevez, Lampard, Cantona being a few.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Guardian has a similar list (except there's is world football) but the first one mentioned is Adebayor. That seems like a fair point but I haven't seen his name mentioned on here yet - he's someone who could start a fight in an empty room.

It also mentioned Stephen Ireland, another prize cock, who hasn't cropped up here either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Guardian has a similar list (except there's is world football) but the first one mentioned is Adebayor. That seems like a fair point but I haven't seen his name mentioned on here yet - he's someone who could start a fight in an empty room.

It also mentioned Stephen Ireland, another prize cock, who hasn't cropped up here either.

Stephen Ireland. Now there's a very average player who is full of himself.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
el hadj jouff

complete and utter shit

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
William Gallas is a bit of a whining c**k as well

Yeah, good one.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man city players seem to figure pretty prominently in this thread (some of them have played for two of these clubs) - what does that tell us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here