Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 most hated players in premier league history?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
What a rubbish Poll - all those players have played in the Premier League in the last 5 years. Even from the premiership's short history some better names could have been mentioned.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
who are the top 10? (All I can see is a massive picture of Diouf)

For me Diouf, Barton and Ben Thatcher are clear leaders in the field.
Then Roy Keane, Ronaldo, Muscat, Gary Neville, Ashley Cole, Lee Hughes

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Those voting for Bellamy should dig a little deeper and read about what he does with his spare cash.

Try googling 'Craig Bellamy Foundation'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know you say other than Terry but I have to chip in as I totally despise the man and is pretty much everything I hate about modern football. A horrible man from a very horrible family.

I really do not understand why Chelsea fans rate him as a leader so much. I would not want any leader of mine to start crying on the pitch after a defeat a la Champions League final. I prefer men who accept defeat graciously, and come back stronger and better equiped to have another tilt. Then there was his shambolic ham-fisted and very very public attempt at brokering a meeting with Capello at the World Cup. Some leader, he pissed off a number of players by naming them...god only knows what captain Gerrard made of all of this.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Don't know why nobody has mentioned Robbie Savage. He's hated by pretty much everybody who watches/supports the premiershite.

Personally, I can't stand Diouf nasty shit.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Van Nistelrooy was a diving cheat, and was one of the pioneers in making this common in the English game. He deserved everything he got.

He joined ManUtd in 2001. Is that when you think diving started being common? Mark Overmars was at Arsenal from 1997, Klinsmann even earlier from 1994 was at Spurs. Michael Owen made his Liverpool debut in 1996 and was never shy of going down for them or England. Who else, crikey, Ginola 1995, Pires 2000...I could go on. I'm not saying VN didn't dive, just questioning your statement of him being a 'pioneer'!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don't know why nobody has mentioned Robbie Savage. He's hated by pretty much everybody who watches/supports the premiershite.

Personally, I can't stand Diouf nasty shit.

I used to dislike Savage, but I have to say, he has really grown on me on 5Live. I wouldn't say I like him, but he's different and livens the show up when he's on, and occasionally makes some interesting points. Very passionate about the game, and he's growing on me.

Oct 25, 2003
never understood the hatred for bellamy

infact don't really understand "hating" someone who doesn't actually affect your life at all

thinking they're a dick- fair enough, but HATRED? please

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I used to dislike Savage, but I have to say, he has really grown on me on 5Live. I wouldn't say I like him, but he's different and livens the show up when he's on, and occasionally makes some interesting points. Very passionate about the game, and he's growing on me.

I'm sorry but he is awful on the radio and every time I have heard him his co-pundits, or the presenter, point out a hole or two in his arguement and comments. He comes across as a saloon-bar-bore gob-shite.

Amongst others, I have heard him claim Newcastle were not a big club, and then contradicted himself 3 times when he was asked what defined a big club. He also got picked up on a comment he made about all players always giving 100% (this in itself is worthy of criticism as it's nothing more than a dull cliche) and Mark Chapman (I think) pointed out that in his own book he admits to not trying in one particular game. Come on, by all means have an arguement but at least think out before opening your gob and present a reasoned case.

Oct 25, 2003
"On 6 May 2008 plans were announced for the building of the Craig Bellamy Foundation[49] for disadvantaged children in Freetown, Sierra Leone. Bellamy has visited the war-torn West African country and has reportedly been moved to invest £650,000 of his own money to help build a football academy to develop the country's young football talent"

what a PRICK

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm sorry but he is awful on the radio and every time I have heard him his co-pundits, or the presenter, point out a hole or two in his arguement and comments. He comes across as a saloon-bar-bore gob-shite.

Amongst others, I have heard him claim Newcastle were not a big club, and then contradicted himself 3 times when he was asked what defined a big club. He also got picked up on a comment he made about all players always giving 100% (this in itself is worthy of criticism as it's nothing more than a dull cliche) and Mark Chapman (I think) pointed out that in his own book he admits to not trying in one particular game. Come on, by all means have an arguement but at least think out before opening your gob and present a reasoned case.

I can't disagree with any of this, but that's what I kind of like. So many ex-players are so cliche ridden, that he comes on and says stuff without thinking only to be contradicted. He then laughs at himself when he realises how ridiculous he's been. I get the impression Mark Chapman and the like actually like him as he makes such good copy for all your points above. Not everyone's cup of tea, and like I said, he is different!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can't disagree with any of this, but that's what I kind of like. So many ex-players are so cliche ridden, that he comes on and says stuff without thinking only to be contradicted. He then laughs at himself when he realises how ridiculous he's been. I get the impression Mark Chapman and the like actually like him as he makes such good copy for all your points above. Not everyone's cup of tea, and like I said, he is different!

Fair enough. I actually prefer it when journalists come on Radio 5 and discuss football. I find them a breath of fresh air and often come up with interesting and different points and views.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fair enough. I actually prefer it when journalists come on Radio 5 and discuss football. I find them a breath of fresh air and often come up with interesting and different points and views.

Well yes I agree, but in his own way he sparks an intelligent debate simply because his remarks need addressing. You sometimes get the likes of Lawro saying something and his aura (or whatever) prevents the co commentator contradicting him. They don't give a shit about Robbie so happily put him in his place!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Compared to Lawro, the rest of the MOTD people, Alan Green and Talksport Robbie Savage is a genius when it comes to talking about football.

And while i understand people sticking up for Bellamy, lots of people do good work for charity and are still a dick

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I really could never stand Ballack, even more so after the way he jumped all over the ref during the Chelsea-Barca game last year.
Comes across a real arrogant prick and a bad loser.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Can't see the list but I'm hoping Kevin Muscat was in there - a more frequently violent player I've never seen.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Those voting for Bellamy should dig a little deeper and read about what he does with his spare cash.

Try googling 'Craig Bellamy Foundation'

this. he's been a bit cartooned has bellamy... in my book he was a massively underrated player (before the injuries took his pace) and his involvement in sierra leone is done for the right reasons, he never really talks about it. plus how the foundation came into being is truly un-premiership. plus he signed for the club he supports, turning down bigger clubs and possibly more money elsewhere - just like a proper fan would. interesting little fella is bellamy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here