NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Working in your what?

In a mine but no doubt most lefties would rather we went back to ship building, mining and being poor - such happy days no doubt.

As opposed to visionary policies that include wealth and prosperity but blame Maggie as usual.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In a mine but no doubt most lefties would rather we went back to ship building, mining and being poor - such happy days no doubt.

As opposed to visionary policies that include wealth and prosperity but blame Maggie as usual.

I'd rather we return to manufacturing yes. And have a more balanced economy.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire

The wealth and prosperity was an illusion. It was all built on credit. Hence the mess we are in

Changing into "serious mode", it's industries like those which put Britain amongst the richest countries in the world in the 19th Century. But we would be much wealthier without the burden of the constant 3-4m unemployed that we have had since the Thatcher years, and I include in those figures most of those on incapacity benefit who are perfectly capable of doing some jobs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The wealth and prosperity was an illusion. It was all built on credit. Hence the mess we are in

Not the first economic surge in the '80s that was serious money making. I accept lots of people in the recent economic surge were duped into believing they were rich on the back of their house value therefore borrowed badly and now a paying for it.

The thing is we will get through this and then the good times will be back but don't go backwards keep moving forward to new businesses.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Changing into "serious mode", it's industries like those which put Britain amongst the richest countries in the world in the 19th Century. But we would be much wealthier without the burden of the constant 3-4m unemployed that we have had since the Thatcher years, and I include in those figures most of those on incapacity benefit who are perfectly capable of doing some jobs.

To a point but when a commodity becomes cheaper to import into the country then to produce here the game is up.

Agreed we have a shocking burden of unemployment and those that seem to chose not to work as they appear better off on state benefits.

Tell me about the ponces over the road who just stay in the house for 6 months then trash it when the leave whilst their kids run riot damaging our cars.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Not the first economic surge in the '80s that was serious money making. I accept lots of people in the recent economic surge were duped into believing they were rich on the back of their house value therefore borrowed badly and now a paying for it.

The thing is we will get through this and then the good times will be back but don't go backwards keep moving forward to new businesses.

The early 80's was Thatcher selling Britain on the cheap. I don't remember the working class dancing for joy at the serious money making.

I am sorry but I don't share your optimism. To be honest I am scared stiff at what might come

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The early 80's was Thatcher selling Britain on the cheap. I don't remember the working class dancing for joy at the serious money making.

I am sorry but I don't share your optimism. To be honest I am scared stiff at what might come

The working class had every reason to dance for joy as the picked up houses dirt cheap, as my mother-in-law.

It all goes in cycles however the down turns get far more traumatic each tims.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here