Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 Euro will now set you back 86p

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Go on holiday to Iceland, it was one of the most expensive places to go until recently, and now the krona has crashed, you can have a good time while realising somebody else is worse off than Britain...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Go on holiday to Iceland, it was one of the most expensive places to go until recently, and now the krona has crashed, you can have a good time while realising somebody else is worse off than Britain...

But Edna, there is only so much fun to be had throwing snowballs and having a Cod Bath

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've always quite fancied going there.

Splendid scenery, the Blue Lagoon, the Golden Triangle, and maybe the Northern Lights if you time it right. Of course you have to be cultured enough to appreciate these things...

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
my trip to barcalona for 10 days over new yr will now be almost the same price as bein in england..:down:........but you cant watch barca v mallorca in the uk...!!!!!.....:clap:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Splendid scenery, the Blue Lagoon, the Golden Triangle, and maybe the Northern Lights if you time it right. Of course you have to be cultured enough to appreciate these things...

only if you bring your uniform for my investigation of your "Triangle" apre ski ?:love:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've just found a 100 euros while tidying up my room - I'll cash those in before the pound recovers

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
only if you bring your uniform for my investigation of your "Triangle" apre ski ?:love:

It's almost too romantic to contemplate :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
modern day thinking like privatisation.

Everytime I catch an overcrowded overpriced train which only serves peak time peak stations I marvel at the idea of privatisation. I do the same thing when energy companies announce record profits and my bills soar.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's almost too romantic to contemplate :lolol:

I can play the "underarm trumpet", know 3 sexual positions and can say " I love you " in a single belch, best get packing Edna X:thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What a catch you are :bowdown:

;o)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Interesting comment on Question Time tonight regarding privatisation and nationalisation that I hadn't really considered before.

Is isn't that privatisation or nationalism are equally good or bad, it's just that we've gone about privatising the wrong things.

The argument went that certain parts of the National Health System could be improved by letting the private sector run them, but some of the public utilities and public transport should never have been touched in the first place.

The Golden rule being that you never privatise something that will only function as a private monopoly afterwards.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I think you'll find that the Poles and Latvians are now deserting our shores to work in EU countries that can pay them in Euros.

I believe the Poles and Latvians are all going home to Poland and Latvia, where there are jobs and a decent standard of living.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

Iceland is bleak, but amazing.

I spent the new year there a couple of years back. Would love to go again - probably in summer, though.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
I'm a student in the USA, and my pay has gone up by the equivalent of 5000pounds in the last 3 months :)

:richatchristmas:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here