Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 Euro will now set you back 86p

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
so it wont be long before 1 euro costs me £1.14p..guess holidays at home will be the only option for the working class englishman before long,if that happens what on earth will the spanish police have to do with their time.:smokin:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't start, we booked Vegas a month ago.
We were sensible about it and checked the exchange rate, it was $1.78.
Now we can't even get $1.50.

Luckily it makes no odds, as you can't have enough cash for Vegas, anyway.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Suits me to be honest, I've got €70 still sat in my wallet from my trip last weekend... think it will sit there until it starts to level off...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Euro 1.63 within the last year now down to 1.16

Dollar down to 1.46 today from a high of 2.08

The Global credit crunch appears to be hitting us worse than the rest of Europe and the US :down:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Thats prob due to the amount of polish and latvian invaders willing to do 80 hours a week work for £3 and a bowl of soup . ooooooh plus free accomodation and a ford mondeo with the obligitory ILNY sticker in the rear window to make them blend in to the land of the freebie that is Great Britain:rolleyes:

The Global credit crunch appears to be hitting us worse than the rest of Europe and the US :down:
Not at all. A weak pound encourages British exports and creates jobs in the UK economy that will lead to much improved prosperity all round.

At least that was the theory until Thatcher dismantled the manufacturing sector and reshaped the economy to rely on the success of service industries such as .. er .. banking.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Thats prob due to the amount of polish and latvian invaders willing to do 80 hours a week work for £3 and a bowl of soup . ooooooh plus free accomodation and a ford mondeo with the obligitory ILNY sticker in the rear window to make them blend in to the land of the freebie that is Great Britain:rolleyes:

I nearly got wound up by that until I realised that no-one is actually stupid enough to believe it. Nice try, cast another line... :)

I think you'll find that the Poles and Latvians are now deserting our shores to work in EU countries that can pay them in Euros.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Weak pound also means I - and half the country - do even more of my shopping in the UK.

Sainsburys in Newry gets more of my business than the local supermarket now...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It's a shame we didnt join the euro.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
At least that was the theory until Thatcher dismantled the manufacturing sector and reshaped the economy to rely on the success of service industries such as .. er .. banking.

Why am I not surprised.

Red Wedge here we come so blame Maggie as usual and forget the billions of prosperity due to modern day thinking like privatisation.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
if you've got no shame, collar the students changing euro's at the post office in Churchill Sq. If the're changing up a couple of hundred get them to get a quote then offer them a fiver or a tenner more, everyone wins (except the poor post office)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think you'll find that the Poles and Latvians are now deserting our shores to work in EU countries that can pay them in Euros.
I've noticed that in Grimsby the number of migrant workers from Poland , Estonia , Latvia and Lithuania are quickly dwindling in size. Another 400+ will probably go back home or elsewhere in 8 weeks time when Mariner Foods chilled food factory closes its two sites just outside of the town. The minimum wage in Norway is equivalent to £10 per hour and workers moving across the channel to work in mainland Europe will be better off paid in euros especially the Poles whose mother country is binning the zloty for the euro next year.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Will they accept pounds in Germany next week.

Or Forints?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not at all. A weak pound encourages British exports and creates jobs in the UK economy that will lead to much improved prosperity all round.

Good old Maggie, still getting the blame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here