Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£1,000,000

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If we were to receive a bid of £1m today for a player...Which players would you accept the bid for and which players would you deem too vital to release for such an amount?

If anybody is clever enough maybe they could add a poll

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Sparrow, Vincelot, Dicker, Brez, Ankergren, Elphick, Harley*.

*I still believe he'll come good. He's the type of player that plays well in a good side. I think he has a lot to offer us and wish people would get off his back. As things stand though, I'd certainly take £1m for him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any of the DS bar JFC and Toby. Brez, Ankergren, Elphick, Hoskins, Sparrow, Painter, Dicker.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Keepers - Ankergren, Brezovan.
Defenders - Painter.
Midfielders - Harley, Dicker, Sparrow Yes, Others no.
Strikers - Hoskins.

But I doubt any of those would go for £1m anyway. So no, none.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Keepers - none
Defenders - None
Midfielders - Harley, Dicker, Sparrow Yes, Others no.
Strikers - Hoskins.

But I doubt any of those would go for £1m anyway. So no, none.

"Hi there. I'm DESPERATE to sign your iconic goalkeeping ace Peter Brezovan. His shot stopping and ability to deal with crosses was so exceptional last season that I would like to off you £1million for his service."

Misterspatch "No chance."

:lolol: It's a game of opinions!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brez
Sampayo
ONE of Harley Sparrow or Dicker
Agdestein maybe

Generally very happy with what we have, so wouldn't sell many.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
"Hi there. I'm DESPERATE to sign your iconic goalkeeping ace Peter Brezovan. His shot stopping and ability to deal with crosses was so exceptional last season that I would like to off you £1million for his service."

Misterspatch "No chance."

:lolol: It's a game of opinions!

Sorry, but I should have said Brez and Casper but there's no chance in hell of them going for £1m.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Waiting for Mutts Nutts to say 'McSmudger'...

I'd personally accept £1m for Ankergren, Brezovan, Painter, Sparrow, Harley, Dicker and Kasim.
Lots of them are marginal for value, but we choose to keep for sentimental reasons. Greer, Calderon, etc aren't realistically worth £1m but we love them too much. :albion:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Noone tbh, I think he's a class act but very inconsistent and we could probably bring in someone better with £1million.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd take £1m for any of the following:
Ankergren
1 of Painter/Vincelot
1 of Harley/Dicker/Sparrow

Therefore everyone else in the squad is worth more than £1m...Wow what a difference since 5 years ago

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Waiting for Mutts Nutts to say 'McSmudger'...

I'd personally accept £1m for Ankergren, Brezovan, Painter, Sparrow, Harley, Dicker and Kasim.
Lots of them are marginal for value, but we choose to keep for sentimental reasons. Greer, Calderon, etc aren't realistically worth £1m but we love them too much. :albion:

It's also about how much effort it would be to replace them as well though.

Replacing Greer would be a much bigger deal (Captain, leader) than replacing ONE of Sparrow, Harley and Dicker. Selling ALL of them for £1m at once would be daft.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

On the basis that Reading in January and Leeds more recently were reported as being prepared to at least match what we paid for him, that would seem a remarkably bad piece of business. Perhaps as well that we don't run the club

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
On the basis that Reading in January and Leeds more recently were reported as being prepared to at least match what we paid for him, that would seem a remarkably bad piece of business. Perhaps as well that we don't run the club

:fishing::thumbsup: I wouldn't really but I imagine some would on here!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here