Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£1,000,000

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Realistically the following are probably the only players we have who could potentially be valued at £1m or more based on ability, age, potential and their contract status:

Kuszczak
Bruno
Dunk
JFC
Noone
LuaLua
Barnes
CMS

You could argue for Agdestein but I think he probably needs to prove himself over a full season to ee what his market value might be. Honestly don't see any of the rest being valued that highly - not even Calderon who I am increasingly thinking is our most versatile player even ahead of Vincelot.

That isn't to say we should sell them - just that pretty much all of the names mentioned so far are simply not going to be drawing million pound bids in the current transfer market no matter what we think :lol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Realistically the following are probably the only players we have who could potentially be valued at £1m or more based on ability, age, potential and their contract status:

Kuszczak
Bruno
Dunk
JFC
Noone
LuaLua
Barnes
CMS

You could argue for Agdestein but I think he probably needs to prove himself over a full season to ee what his market value might be. Honestly don't see any of the rest being valued that highly - not even Calderon who I am increasingly thinking is our most versatile player even ahead of Vincelot.

That isn't to say we should sell them - just that pretty much all of the names mentioned so far are simply not going to be drawing million pound bids in the current transfer market no matter what we think :lol:

Buckley?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

Kuszczak
Bruno
Dunk
JFC
Noone
LuaLua
Barnes
CMS

I don't think any of us are under the impression that Ankergren, Brezovan, Painter, Harley, Sparrow, Dicker or Hoskins are worth as much as £1m but if that bid came in for any of them then we wouldn't object to Gus selling them

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Keepers - Ankergren, Brezovan.
Defenders - Painter.
Midfielders - Harley, Dicker, Sparrow Yes, Others no.
Strikers - Hoskins.

But I doubt any of those would go for £1m anyway. So no, none.

I would be happy to get 1mil for the lot listed above

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't think any of us are under the impression that Ankergren, Brezovan, Painter, Harley, Sparrow, Dicker or Hoskins are worth as much as £1m but if that bid came in for any of them then we wouldn't object to Gus selling them

Of course you're right - I suspect if any reasonable bid came in for any of those we might be tempted.

What do you think?

Anks /Brez/Painter- any fee pretty much
Spaz £250K would show a healthy profit. Does that over-value him maybe?
Harley £300K (assuming that covers what we paid for him) but not sure it would tempt Gus who seems to be defining his role a bit more clearly this pre-season
Hosky £300K would be a loss but he only has a year to go on his initial deal and has had so many injuries............
Dicker £300K would be a healthy profit and not far off his value but not sure it would be enough to tempt us

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Of course you're right - I suspect if any reasonable bid came in for any of those we might be tempted.

What do you think?

Anks /Brez/Painter- any fee pretty much
Spaz £250K would show a healthy profit. Does that over-value him maybe?
Harley £300K (assuming that covers what we paid for him) but not sure it would tempt Gus who seems to be defining his role a bit more clearly this pre-season
Hosky £300K would be a loss but he only has a year to go on his initial deal and has had so many injuries............
Dicker £300K would be a healthy profit and not far off his value but not sure it would be enough to tempt us

I don't think Gus would sell Painter or Hoskins until he has an adequate replacement. They would need to be a better player and at a good price or he'll keep what he's got.
Most squads have 3 goalkeepers so unless Gus thinks really highly of East we will not sell both Ankergren and Brezovan, we could replace 1 relatively easily as loads of GK on the transfer list.

Sparrow, Harley and Dicker - we will need 2 of these as part of our squad and I'd imagine it would take a bid in excess of £500k for Gus to loose one of them. it only takes a couple of injuries and suspensions to mean we will need to call on them. Gus will keep unless an exceptional offer comes in as a new recruit would be expensive and it will take time to get them playing the Gus way. We may see one or two go out on loan as a compromise

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oops! Silly sod me! :lol:

I knew I would miss someone - why not one of only two that we have ever paid a million or more for in the 111 year history of the club! What a prat :facepalm:

:):):)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Of the people most have said about we would need to sell at least 4 players possibly more to realize £1m but of those that we would hope to get £1m for, the only one that I would take that amount for is Dunk.

Last edited:

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester

Kuszczak
Bruno
Dunk
JFC
Noone
LuaLua
Barnes
CMS

Kuszczak is worth no where near £1m

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Massive potential and only 22,i would value him at 4 million now :)

Oh come on, you're starting to sound like a Palace fan talking about Zaha !

Buckley is a great player but at the moment I wouldn't value him over £2m, he does have very good potential to play in the Premier League.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Oh come on, you're starting to sound like a Palace fan talking about Zaha !

Buckley is a great player but at the moment I wouldn't value him over £2m, he does have very good potential to play in the Premier League.
2 million you must be joking,8 goals and assists in 28 odd appearances?i would be very angry if he was sold for 2 million,Cardiff offered 1.5 million for noone and lua lua is better than noone,buckley seriously has everything as is quiet far ahead of these.

4 million and rising end of:)

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
2 million you must be joking,8 goals and assists in 28 odd appearances?i would be very angry if he was sold for 2 million,Cardiff offered 1.5 million for noone and lua lua is better than noone,buckley seriously has everything as is quiet far ahead of these.

4 million and rising end of:)

8 goals and 1 assist isn't it?

I can't tell if you're taking the piss sadly :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here