Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

07/08 individual Withdean ticket prices.......

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
They just can't win really. We have lost so many fans now that if the tickets were free I doubt you'd fill Withdean.

and I would doubt we could fill falmer when its built. The Albion have lost a generation of possible supporters over the last 10 years and these ticket prices will not bring them back

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I'm a STH and pay £450+ because I want to watch my team, but the prices are just getting daft now. The adult price for the East stand is a joke but, while we continue to sell 5,000+ tickets every game I can't see the prices dropping. Shame because in the long run this could be truly detrimental to the fanbase of the club; especially when premier league outifts likeFulham are doing adult season tickets from £299.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
What really pisses me of is that if you buy a ticket online on the day of the match, you still get charged the fare element, despite the fact that you can't use it because you have to collect the ticket from the collection point at the ground. I really object to paying for something I can't possibly use.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I am not a STH but will probably continue to go to most matches simply because I am a fan. But there are not too many other reasons to go. For myself and my son it will be £30.00 a match in the Family Stand which has a crap view, particularly if you are down low. £40.00 if we sit in the South Stand.

We normally take the car, so don't use the travel vouchers. There is the obvious problem of getting soaking wet or freezing cold. At the Cheltenham game last season my son had frost on him and everyone remembers Carlisle. We are watching 3rd Division (in old money) football played by a team that doesn't win very often, doesn't score that many goals and so far has only signed one player that didn't play for them last season.

Once permission for Falmer is guaranteed, and if the team go on a decent run I think there will be a regular 5-6K paying these prices. But if they are playing like they did after Christmas last season expect plenty of discounts and plenty more moaning from the STHs.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Well this is the last season I will be buying the odd ticket, as I will hopefully be getting a season ticket at the Withdean from next season. Depends on what sort of job I get after University.

To be honest though I think the attendance will remain very low for this season and the next, with a fair few people getting Season Tickets in our final year at the Withdean (To say farewell and also DK promised to let current STH's take a tour of the stadium before it opens to let them choose their seats?)

i went to buy 5 tickets for me, my brother, my Gf, my dad and a mate for the Northampton game. Incidentally my first Albion game for 4 years.

27.50 x 5 = GBP137.50! Strewth! That is in my money terms $343 !!! That, incidentally is more than it costs for a Gold Reserved seat at Melbourne Victory for the WHOLE SEASON.

I have subsequently thought twice about going, which hurts, frankly...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What really pisses me of is that if you buy a ticket online on the day of the match, you still get charged the fare element, despite the fact that you can't use it because you have to collect the ticket from the collection point at the ground. I really object to paying for something I can't possibly use.

You can still use it for park and ride as they are very trusting, and you can use it on the way back of course.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm a STH and pay £450+ because I want to watch my team, but the prices are just getting daft now. The adult price for the East stand is a joke but, while we continue to sell 5,000+ tickets every game I can't see the prices dropping. Shame because in the long run this could be truly detrimental to the fanbase of the club; especially when premier league outifts likeFulham are doing adult season tickets from £299.

If wew charged that we would be lucky to start the season. Was it a £12 million debt we have now?

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
When we first came back to withdean every game was a sell out and the only way of guarenteeing yourself a ticket was to get a season ticket. Since then the individual match tickets have stayed there or thereabouts the same price. The problem is the Withdean factor. The novelty of being back in Brighton has worn off & people have got Falmer fatigue.

Initially dont forget that if you didnt go someone else would. Of course it helped that we had a winning team. If we can have some sort of decent season and remember how to win at home people will fill the ground.

That said we will only sell out 2 games this season

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Since then the individual match tickets have stayed there or thereabouts the same price

I'm fairly certain that's not the case, i seem to remember a child ticket in the North Stand being as cheap as £11.50...???

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Baring in mind that i wasnt a child .....................;)

What i mean is, there was quite an increase in prices the days of Bobby Z and first division football.

They haven't come down since, despite the standard of football falling quite considerably.

:shrug:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You can still use it for park and ride as they are very trusting, and you can use it on the way back of course.
Are you some sort of club spin doctor? If you are using the park and ride then there is a 99.9% chance that you're going to the game, anyone who parks their car at mill road or mithras house to get a bus to withdean with no intention of going to football must be seriously mentally disabled.
What use is a train ticket on the way home when a single is nearly the same price as a return?

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
£25 is an extortionate amount for the level of football. However it is a necessary evil to ensure we are able to move into Falmer. Having said that, by dropping the prices by £5-£10, they may attract more fans whilst generating the same revenue and there will be a better atmosphere.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Whichever way you look at it £25 for THIRD DIVISION football is quite frankly SHITE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here