Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

07/08 individual Withdean ticket prices.......

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't live anywhere near Withdean now so on top of the fares and the actual ticket cost I am expected to pay a £2 booking charge. I can't say I am at all encouraged.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It would be totally POINTLESS though. I think, in order to get people back, you have to be seen to make the prices more in line with other clubs, and offer incentives. To be fair to the albion, some of the offers they have run do offer incentives to go, so I haven't many complaints in that area, but they are aimed at kids or parents. Even students got a slightly reduced price. What we need, in order to make any impact on attendances, is a more affordable price for ADULT tickets in some of the main parts of the ground.

I suppose you are right - £20 adults £15 students £10 kids would seem 'reasonable' to the casual fan i reckon - about the same as it was to see Albion in the early days when the standard of football was higher, and probably taking inflation into account as well.

But if we can't afford that, you'd have thought they could have dropped ticket prices even slightly, just to 'look' as though they are making an effort to win back supporters.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Lets face it, would the prices be as high if they hadnt got a Yes last week and we had been still waiting?

The club are dillusional if they think there's going to be an alledged 'feel good factor' off the back of the Yes decision that's going to make people want to come.

The ONLY thing other than a ticket price reduction that will encourage more fans to go is a better football team.....but we've barely changed the squad at all, so i can't see results being much better.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
As a University student I think £17 is about right for a student ticket (considering our circumstances) and I will definately be attending a couple of home games before I head off to Uni again.

Considering I have to come from Haywards Heath, where a return to PP with a Young Persons Railcard would cost around £3-4, I think effectively paying £13-14 for the actual match ticket is a good deal IMO.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Home games - £25 a ticket, £20 on beer, £5 on food = £50 and at Withdean.

Away games - £25 or less, £20 on beer (includes tinnys which are cheap), £5 on food, £20 average railfare maybe = its not withdean.....screw the cost!

mdotw

Aug 20, 2003
I was a previous season ticket holder, this season I am not bothering living in London and driving home piss wet through after most games done it for me.

Looking at the prices I would now have to pay for myself my 16 and 14 year old I think working out at £51.50 in the family stand a lot more elsewhere, its cheaper to sit in Wembley to watch England £25 for me and £12.50 each for my sons.

I have watched the Albion since 1967 but now I find the drive the and prices too much, maybe I should wait 10 years for the senior citizen price and my boys should be well in to paying for themselves.

I like a previous post will only go to a game from here on when a friend offers a ticket when they cannot go.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Away games - £25 or less, £20 on beer (includes tinnys which are cheap), £5 on food, £20 average railfare maybe = its not withdean.....screw the cost!

:clap2: :clap2:

exactly right

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
I think I'll just save my money for any games where they do the special deals. If they don't do them then I guess I won't be going to Withers this season.

I reckon I'll do quite a few away games this year. They're more enjoyable.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Looks like the club have successfully ensured that there will again be thousands of empty seats at home games by keeping ticket prices the same.

I fully expect crowds under 5000 unless the football is considerably better than last year.

And yes, i am moaning. Again.

As always, a pound or two off the price wouldn't add hundreds to the gate, most people go because they support the team.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Well, as a penny pinching student, even £17 will be a big stretch.

Good job we've got SCR

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
As always, a pound or two off the price wouldn't add hundreds to the gate, most people go because they support the team.

True, and to be fair knocking £2 off a student price wouldn't encourage me to go to more games.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Keep an eye on NSC tickets - I can never make every game and my south stand central resale prices have been frozen for 4 years now! £20 or lower depending on market forces!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
most people go because they support the team.

having said that, a lot of people would like to go as they support the team, but unfortunately cannot afford it

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It just infuriates me the way that everything now seems to be doing done to 'arse lick' the season ticket holder following the West Ham shambles.

Season Ticket Holders get priority for tickets.
Season ticket holders can renew at a lower rate.

However, the club completely ignore those who go regularly without a season ticket. If i wanted a season ticket this year it would cost me more because i don't already have a season ticket! And if i choose not to have a season ticket i still am looking at paying an extortionate amount each match, wheras season ticket prices have gone down! As a result, i'll continue to do what i did last season - source cheaper tickets (which will mean the only money the club gets from me is the money i spend at the ground). And if i can't find any, then i'm not going to go at all.

Value for money - something that can't be had watching the Albion. And the club lose out as a result. They might be skint...but i think they'd do well to remember that fans aren't loaded either!
:nono:

What about those that can't afford to pay for a season ticket straight off. Beach Hut always pipes up with 'get an interest free credit card' but that is not possible for everyone. We are alienating people that might be tempted to go to 10 or so games as opposed to a whole season.

I have never bothered buying a season ticket as it is easy to get tickets in the run up to a game. I went to 20 league matches last season so paid something like £490+, but I may as well get a season ticket now. The result? Brighton lose out on £50/60 from me.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They just can't win really. We have lost so many fans now that if the tickets were free I doubt you'd fill Withdean.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
In my younger days I could always afford to go, even when on the dole or struggling with a young family. Now I've been full time employed for many years, my kids have grown but I do not have the disposable income to watch every home game. i rely on the cheap tickets and spares that come my way and probably see nearly half the home games.

Away games are better but Albion get no money.

There's no East Stand price mentioned. i'd like to see that as a flat £15 per game. It's an awful view a long way from the pitch but it'll also give a chance to those who would like to go but just cannot afford every game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here