Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The cock parade

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A few posters being fairly quiet about how much the team was 'only in it for the ego trip' and the the organisation was 'a cottage industry' and 'a shambles' today...

Gareth, Alan, Brett and anyone who donated raffle prizes or cash, you are all RUDDY legends.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A few posters being fairly quiet about how much the team was 'only in it for the ego trip' and the the organisation was 'a cottage industry' and 'a shambles' today...

Well played. You, sir, are a complete cock.

Gareth, Alan, Brett and anyone who donated raffle prizes or cash, you are all RUDDY legends.

Agreed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fairly uncalled for isn't it? From the outside I think anybody who has questions the intentions of the players in the past wouldn't go too far wrong apologising as their claims were completely unfounded.

A thread that has been written to celebrate the tremendous success of last and Richie tries to take it straight back to the gutter. I think that is what is uncalled for.

Who are those people who made unfounded claims? Am I one of them?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
A thread that has been written to celebrate the tremendous success of last and Richie tries to take it straight back to the gutter. I think that is what is uncalled for.

Who are those people who made unfounded claims? Am I one of them?

Fair enough he might have mentioned it at the wrong time but if I was one of the players I'd find it very hard not to give two fingers to all those who questioned my intentions.

Not sure who it was but theres about 100 pages of binfest over the last few months I'm sure there's some claims in those. Not sure if you were one of them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fair enough he might have mentioned it at the wrong time but if I was one of the players I'd find it very hard not to give two fingers to all those who questioned my intentions.

Not sure who it was but theres about 100 pages of binfest over the last few months I'm sure there's some claims in those. Not sure if you were one of them.

You clearly think I am. You clearly didn't read anything I wrote for. Welcome to Club Cock.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
You clearly think I am. You clearly didn't read anything I wrote for. Welcome to Club Cock.

:lol: Where have I said I think you're one of them?! Rather than saying 'I'm not sure' I should probably have said 'I don't have a bloody clue' I couldn't name anyone without searching through the threads for hours but recall people making some very unfair posts before the match clearly targeted at players 'only in it for their egos' etc.

I honestly don't have a clue if you were one of them and have never accused you of being one. But thanks for the kind welcome anyway :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
pathetic

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bozza was right putting this in another thread as the results one is not the place to put it. If people have grievances thats fair enough but I am tired of it and am taking a break after this week end for a while. Lets all just celebrate a fantastic raised total and I for one think the team have been an absolute credit this year to the REMF.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I thought this was going to be about today's Paedophiles Parade, sorry Children's Parade through Brighton to mark the start of the Brighton Festival.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I think that the REMF team responded to the original binfest/criticism ABSOLUTELY SUPERBLY, with both help and fundraising, setting a trend that I think will now continue for future REMF matches.

Bloody good work. :bowdown:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think that the REMF team responded to the original binfest/criticism ABSOLUTELY SUPERBLY, with both help and fundraising, setting a trend that I think will now continue for future REMF matches.

Bloody good work. :bowdown:

Kaye - Thanks for that - we made sure we did - but things that were said did hurt...!

Your help last night was brilliant - it's people like YOU who help everything run so smoothly :clap:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I don't think the original post really needed to be said, however I can understand exactly why it was because there have been an awful lot of people on here only too keen to have a pop at the organisers of the REMF, but couldn't actually be arsed to give it a go themselves for whatever reason. Richie is right in that a lot of them seem suddenly to have gone very quiet, or have tried to claim that they weren't having a go after all.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Richie didnt start this thread - it was part of another one and has been edited and given a witty amusing title by someone...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
From the outside I think anybody who has questions the intentions of the players in the past wouldn't go too far wrong apologising as their claims were completely unfounded.

Erm, I don't want to get involved in a binfest, it seems ridiculous. Whatever the reasons people had for getting involved, by getting involved they helped remf, which to me is more important than motive, but... how does that work out?

How have they proved the people questioning their intentions wrong?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I absolutely disagreed with the remarks and stood up for the team in the binfest thread.

I think we must remember this however.

Over £ 10000 raised.

This says more than any additional words to silence any critics.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Erm, I don't want to get involved in a binfest, it seems ridiculous. Whatever the reasons people had for getting involved, by getting involved they helped remf, which to me is more important than motive, but... how does that work out?

How have they proved the people questioning their intentions wrong?

Some of the criticism (in a nutshell without quoting specific posts from the thousands on the various binfest threads) was that the team were just a bunch of mates who turned up to satisfy their ego rather than having the aim of the charity at heart. The team have been a huge part of the effort this year as has everyone else who has helped out in anyway or donated any money.

The players have done very well to largely keep their own counsel, if I was in their position I would be asking for an apology but as US pointed out the final figure raised is probably the best note to leave it on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here