Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora - I don't enjoy playing football...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If there is any evidence that he is unhappy then we should make serious efforts to sign him. Honestly!

He hasn't been playing well enough to sign him. On the bench and watching the game: BBC Sport - QPR v Reading

Queens Park Rangers vs Reading FC Live Stream Online

Watching Reading 4-4-2 is a bit boring and QPR are not making any inroads. I don't if I can watch it any more. Looks like Championship standard or a bit less. Bobby Z has an injury. Don't know where?

Last edited:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Sorry but I cannot sympathise with players who earn astronomical sums of money way out of proportion to the real world moaning at all - perhaps they should take stock of just how lucky they are as opposed to whinge about things.

He hasn't whinged about it though-he has just said that although he plays football for a living, it is not an all consuming thing in his life. He doesn't go home and watch it or enjoy talking about it. In fact that's probably the same as most of us. Even people that enjoy their work don't want to go down the pub on Friday night and carry on talking about work. Not an unreasonable attitude to have.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
What a load of bollocks. Why does it have to be about money? Money might be what you obsess about but that doesn't mean everyone else does.

Football is his job, he has to go to work every day and train and play football. Why is it then a shock that he doesn't want to watch football when he isn't working? Do you go to work every day then go home and spend your free time watching or doing work related stuff, or do you spend time with your family doing things that you enjoy, like watching football?

Football might be the dream for us but it is very much a job for the players. Zamora isn't the only one either. Assou -Ekotto of Spurs is another example, he's even outright said he doesn't like football, it's something he's good enough at to be able to do it professionally and it's a job to him.

Is the correct answer.

Both myself and my wife work in different departments for the same company. A guy in another department in the same firm also rents a room with us.

I really enjoy my job and work really hard when I am there.

But come 6-7 in the evening I am f***ed off with hearing about it. I want to unwind and think about something else. I quickly terminate any work related conversation thereafter.

It would not come as any surprise that professional footballers feel the same.

I really don't think it matters if your earning 20k a year or 50k a week. There is only so much of one thing you can take.

Especially if your covering the same ground over and over again. Mentally very draining.

It's really not rocket science. It's very concerning that so many reacted so negatively towards him on this thread. Especially as some did not even bother with the facts before jumping on the bandwagon.

I get the feeling some people a just resentful of pro football players. Begs the question, why get involved in supporting/funding it? The wages are no secret FFS.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
He also played for Jol at Fulham, and they appeared to have a massive falling out over football matters. That wouldn't help with your love for the game ???

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
I can sympathise with him. It is a job and most us us get bored with our. Jobs. There is a lot of hard work to maintain playing at the highest levels and it is even more gruelling when you are injured. The financial rewards are fantastic, but once you have achieved financial security for the rest of your life, one of your main reasons to work has gone.
In the last few years I have got to know a premiership player and I can see life is not so wonderful - a lack of privacy. It's difficult to just pop out to your local for a beer. Two weeks available for holidays if you're on international duty. No weekend breaks. I know that most of us would love to swap places but there are down sides as well.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Sorry but I cannot sympathise with players who earn astronomical sums of money way out of proportion to the real world moaning at all - perhaps they should take stock of just how lucky they are as opposed to whinge about things.

Your ridiculous. There is more to life than money. You seem completely obsessed with it. It's not a healthy pursuit.

Should change your name from beach hut to golem.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Your ridiculous. There is more to life than money. You seem completely obsessed with it. It's not a healthy pursuit.

Should change your name from beach hut to golem.

Where have I said I am obsessed with money it is these overpaid footballers that are

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Mrs Earle had a word with Bobby at Charlie's Testimonial lunch and he said the same thing to her - Football is his job, not his passion'. No different to me. My job is just my job - I have other passions!!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
There are plenty of people out there who are good at their job but don't necessarily enjoy it. Are professional athletes not allowed to be the same because they are paid more?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
BZs body language this season has told me that he doesn't enjoy it. I put it down to having to play for a pretty non-descript 2nd tier London outfit and also having Mark Hughes as manager! Maybe he needs to come home and discover fun again?

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here