Zammmmmmmmmmmmora

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Silent Bob said:

Very unlucky West Ham.

Good innit...

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Let's be fair though, West Ham goals: an own goal, a goof by Reina and a fluke. Liverpool: 3 tremendous goals.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Bwian said:
Good innit...

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Let's be fair though, West Ham goals: an own goal, a goof by Reina and a fluke. Liverpool: 3 tremendous goals.
That's not being fair, that's being a Liverpool fan.

You could say the same about Liverpool's goals - First one went under the keeper, second one he was nowhere, third one shit clearance.

Liverpool were lucky, West Ham were the better side.

Great final though.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Silent Bob said:

You could say the same about Liverpool's goals - First one went under the keeper, second one he was nowhere, third one shit clearance.

Liverpool were lucky, West Ham were the better side.

Great final though.

First one was a well worked goal and Cisse struck it so well that Hislop was a second behind it.

Second one Gerrard hit it so well that Hislop didn't have much chance.

Third one-easily the goal of the game.

Remind me about the Wet Sham goals again....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Liverpool also scored a perfectly good disallowed goal, unless the half time analysis I missed proved otherwise

when Zamara wnt up I said to the Mrs he will miss, "he never gave me confidence taking pens at Brighton" and I was right. An easy save!:glare:

Last edited:

Icy Gull said:
Liverpool also scored a perfectly good disallowed goal, unless the half time analysis I missed proved otherwise
At the time, it looked like the decision was correct, but the high-tech analysis and very close scrutiny suggested differently.

Match officials have to call it as they see it. I don't think this was an unreasonable decision in the circumstances.

West Ham also scored a goal at the end, which didn't count due to an interference with the gk....which was as much the act of the Liverpool defender as the WH attacker.
If that had been counted, they would have won 4-3.

'Ifs' don't mean much, but overall I think both sides could be seem as 'deserving'.
It was a great final, a see-saw spectacular full of action and events.
Top class, and I'm pleased to know that our cup game is seen all over the World, and will be spoken of with reverence by many nations of football fans.

SheffGull

Feb 27, 2006
Sheffield
Great game, how football should be played and an absolute peach by Gerrard!
Deserved a replay. Bit cruel to finish a great game like that with the lottery of pens.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
NMH said:
Top class, and I'm pleased to know that our cup game is seen all over the World, and will be spoken of with reverence by many nations of football fans.

Is that still the case? I thought the esteem in which it was once held had plummted so much that foreign broadcasters would be as unlikely to broadcast the FA Cup Final these days as they would to broadcast the Sussex Senior Cup Final.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
A hugely entertaining and genuinely exciting spectacle, yes. But on reflection, a bit low in the technical excellence, silky skills and flowing moves dept? As an advert for the English game, it worked. As a metaphor for the crisis in English football, it said something else. A tried and tested team of mainly English players losing out in the cruellest of circumstances to a bunch of wily Foreign Johnny mercenaries.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Cheeky Monkey said:
Is that still the case? I thought the esteem in which it was once held had plummted so much that foreign broadcasters would be as unlikely to broadcast the FA Cup Final these days as they would to broadcast the Sussex Senior Cup Final.

It certainly was the case in Hong Kong last night, eight bars showing the game, all in close proximity had people not only on the pavement outside but spilled onto the road.
I was watching with a group of swiss guys wearing shirts "Supporting Switzerland & any country that beats Germany".

A good game to watch and had everyone enthralled even the hookers were watching.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Didn't seem that popular in Japan, I was in a big Irish bar in shibuya but there was only about 15 0f us in there, including one Palace fan :angry:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Best final I've seen, Bobby must be gutted.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Beach Hut said:
Missed - twat

As poke said yesterday "he didn't miss, it was saved" :jester:
We he stepped up we all said he was going to miss as seen him take them pens with us!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I was GUTTED for Bobby when he missed, grat goal by Gerrard though...shame he cant save it for the WC though :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here