Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] You're Adam Lallana

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Congratulations for deliberately ignoring the points that I've made. Say whatever you like, the team selection is inconsistent and players are regularly in and out, apart from Lallana who plays if he's fit. Whether he justifies it or not.

The players are the ones who are inconsistent. If Alzate and MacAllister could show some real consistency, then Lallana would be one of our impact subs. However the problem is neither of them do. One minute great, the next minute all at sea. I suspect Potter is desperate for the 2 of them to show some real reliability when he picks them, because it isn't happening enough at present.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I dont see a world where his injuries are "sorted out" at this age... if he can be available as much as he has this season so far, I think we need to be happy with that. 30 games last season and 21 so far this season, both of those numbers is a lot better than I expect when he signed his contract.

Guessing next season will be his last one, at least in Brighton, but overall I think he has done well. Not great goal creation stats but the team seems to play better whenever he OR Gross are on the pitch.

Hear what you are saying, but Saturday was an embarrassing situation.

If it is the same injury, either the player wasn’t being entirely straight with GP, or the if they knew about it the management were risking longer term damage.

His warm-up at half-time was all a bit half-hearted IMO…..

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Congratulations for deliberately ignoring the points that I've made. Say whatever you like, the team selection is inconsistent and players are regularly in and out, apart from Lallana who plays if he's fit. Whether he justifies it or not.

Hasn’t Lallana been a key part of many of our wins since he joined and deserved draws against mega spenders?

Other than some injuries (far fewer in the last 15 months than his critics envisaged), he’s more than justified his starts.

Imho.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

If it is the same injury, either the player wasn’t being entirely straight with GP, or the if they knew about it the management were risking longer term damage.

/ deleted

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Which makes the decision to sell White and Burn all the more ridiculous.

I know that's slightly off topic for this thread - but even so...

Accusing the club of making rediculous decisions is absolutely par for the course for this thread and several others a-bubblin' on NSC at the moment, and indeed every time we lose.

I raise an eyebrow at you, and all the others. ???

:wink:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well unless it’s a new injury, I find it hard to believe the same injury passed scrutiny of the medical team.

So effectively yes I do.

Happens all the time. Been a few players recently who went down in the warm up, they were on the team sheet, wasn’t it Rudiger last week, sure there has been a few recently. For Adam, could have gone in training the day before, the fitness test, the warmup, could have gone another 2 weeks. Just very unlucky it happened 5 mins into a game having been bought on. Not an exact science with many injuries, which you appear to be suggesting it should be.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The players are the ones who are inconsistent. If Alzate and MacAllister could show some real consistency, then Lallana would be one of our impact subs. However the problem is neither of them do. One minute great, the next minute all at sea. I suspect Potter is desperate for the 2 of them to show some real reliability when he picks them, because it isn't happening enough at present.

:lolol: Indeed.

It they were proper decent (consistency is a critical part of this) they wouldn't be on £50K a week and playing for us.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Have I imagined Lallana, Wellbeck and Lamptey all saying how well the clubs medical staff have managed their various issues and how Potter has had their wellbeing as a priority?
I share the great frustration that we lost the use of two substitutions but I find it spectacularly unlikely that everyone involved didn't have a high degree of confidence in Lallana lasting to the end of the match.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Dont think its a matter of dishonesty. His limited game time since missing Chelsea with injury makes me believe he is carrying some kind of injury (which might be a problem some days and some days not) that requires some kind of solution that would mean a prolonged absence, but that the club and the player has decided to postpone that until the season is over or the club is safe from relegation, pretty much making him a part time player until then. That is my guess. Shouldnt be done with a younger player but Lallana probably only has a year left as a PL player and might want to squeeze everything out of it rather than protecting his hamstring or whatever the issue may be.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Over and above our top earners as the highest paid player. So if Dunk and others are on £50k and that is for a top player at the club, then Lallana on £60k is +£10k per week over and above the other high earners. As his transfer fee was £0k, then over 3 years, the extra £10k per week in wages is £1.56m. Even if you said comparable to a player on £30k per week, if you equated Lallana on the same money as them for 3 years, effectively his cost/fee if you like is £4.68m.

If someone said you can have Adam Lallana for 3 years on £30k pw and he'll cost you under £5m, I suspect you'd see that as worth a punt and good value in the PL. As it is, £0 transfer fee and £60k pw highest wages and suddenly he seems expensive.

This. And it still makes sense even if he's on £80K or £90K a week.

Maths isn't my strong suite (I migrate decimal places with alarming but hilarious consequence - my how we laughed:facepalm:) but, **** me, at least I can count reasonably accuratly when using my fingers. :shootself

But, no, hang on, what was I thinking?:facepalm: BarberOUT and Bloom don't know what they're doing. Sack the board!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Accusing the club of making rediculous decisions is absolutely par for the course for this thread and several others a-bubblin' on NSC at the moment, and indeed every time we lose.

I raise an eyebrow at you, and all the others. ???

Then if you are referring to my suggestion, I’m surprised….

Player desperate to play against his former teammates, “sure boss, I’m fine”, said player tries to nurse himself through the game. Often happens….. but obviously could be other reasons……

Alternatively, “ I realise you’re not 100% but do your best”…..

I would highlight Calvin Andrew at Withdean as really bad example, was it the last game of the great escape? Lasted about 20 minutes playing with damaged knee, had surgery afterwards and was then out……

Of course if Lallana now has a new injury ignore all of the above…..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dont think its a matter of dishonesty. His limited game time since missing Chelsea with injury makes me believe he is carrying some kind of injury (which might be a problem some days and some days not) that requires some kind of solution that would mean a prolonged absence, but that the club and the player has decided to postpone that until the season is over or the club is safe from relegation, pretty much making him a part time player until then. That is my guess. Shouldnt be done with a younger player but Lallana probably only has a year left as a PL player and might want to squeeze everything out of it rather than protecting his hamstring or whatever the issue may be.

Quite.

Not bad work for an alleged troll ???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

A fair point, but then it’s a poor gamble on GP’s part…

To last three minutes is ridiculous.

Of course, by protecting an injury you can sometimes develop a different compensatory one.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Then if you are referring to my suggestion, I’m surprised….

Player desperate to play against his former teammates, “sure boss, I’m fine”, said player tries to nurse himself through the game. Often happens….. but obviously could be other reasons……

Alternatively, “ I realise you’re not 100% but do your best”…..

I would highlight Calvin Andrew at Withdean as really bad example, was it the last game of the great escape? Lasted about 20 minutes playing with damaged knee, had surgery afterwards and was then out……

Of course if Lallana now has a new injury ignore all of the above…..

Be surprised. I was replying to the bloke with the egg user pic (I think - I have the attention span of a goldfish - it deffo wasn't you though).

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Happens all the time. Been a few players recently who went down in the warm up, they were on the team sheet, wasn’t it Rudiger last week, sure there has been a few recently. For Adam, could have gone in training the day before, the fitness test, the warmup, could have gone another 2 weeks. Just very unlucky it happened 5 mins into a game having been bought on. Not an exact science with many injuries, which you appear to be suggesting it should be.

Sorry Bold, I don’t agree. These days it is more of a science….

As a player, you know, if it’s ‘not quite right’ and in terms of muscles, you have to warm up a lot extensively than he was…

As I said in other posts, alternatively, it’s something else or an associated injury to the previous one, in which case just pure rotten luck.

In terms of Lallana, sitting on the bench stiffening up isn’t going to help him….

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here