Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham game

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Just to remind anyone that ESPN is a pay channel on Freeview. So you'll need a card and an account set up before then

(Can you get S4C in England ?? - probably not)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Digital Spy are saying that S4C have "live and exclusive" coverage of the game... not that I generally trust a word they say!

I can't post a proper link yet, but:

www digitalspy co uk/media/news/a360325/s4c-to-air-brighton-vs-wrexham-fa-cup-replay.html

S4C to air Brighton Vs Wrexham FA Cup replay
Published Monday, Jan 16 2012, 12:31 GMT | By Andrew Laughlin | Add commentRecommend 0
Tweet 0Tweet0Welsh-language broadcaster S4C has secured rights to broadcast live and exclusive coverage of the FA Cup clash between Wrexham and Brighton next Tuesday.

Coverage of the third round replay at Wrexham's Racecourse Ground will be shown on S4C on January 17, starting at 7.30pm.

The match will air live and exclusive on S4C as part of the channel's new football series, Sgorio, or "scoring".

S4C is available on all television platforms in Wales, and on Sky and Freesat in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

English subtitles will be provided during the game for the commentary, while the match will also be streamed live on the S4C website. Under the BBC's new licence fee settlement, the corporation will take over a significant proportion of S4C's funding from next year.

Last October, the BBC reached an agreement over the future and funding of S4C until 2017, protecting the editorial and managerial independence of the Welsh-language broadcaster, while also keeping it accountable for all licence fee cash spent.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
On ESPN's website TV listings it shows the 83 cup final then the Wrexham v Brighton coverage.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I am getting the impression that ESPN are a bit shit. Up until the weekend they were listing our game on Classic as on Wednesday and still (the day before the game) dont have their website listings and their dtv planner listings in sync.

D

Deleted member 22389

Digital Spy are saying that S4C have "live and exclusive" coverage of the game... not that I generally trust a word they say!

I can't post a proper link yet, but:

www digitalspy co uk/media/news/a360325/s4c-to-air-brighton-vs-wrexham-fa-cup-replay.html

Its 100% true. Thanks to S4C for covering the match. Everybody has options now. It is on the planner on my Freesat Box.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Paul Camillin just tweeted that there is still confusion over ESPN's coverage! (defo on S4C) but neither club has been informed

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Can't see why the club would reject the coverage, as we get the best of both worlds; game played on the Tuesday AND the tv money*. ESPN's indecision/lack of communication has turned the whole thing into a bit of a mess though.

*That is assuming they intend to cover it, and haven't just let some poor sod put together an advert for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here