Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you move to a South Stand Singing section next season ?

Assuming the away fans move as has been rumoured and club facilitate the move would you move south?

• Yes and will be leaving the North

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Yes and will be leaving the West Upper

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Yes and will be leaving the West Lower

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Yes and will be leaving the East Upper

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Yes and will be leaving the East Lower

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Yes and will be leaving the South West Corner

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • No, will be staying where I am

Votes: 123 84.8%

• Total voters

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
so currently running at 16% of all voters say yes.

If that were replicated over our wider season ticket base, it would give us easily enough interest to be confident of gathering circa 2000 interested parties into the South

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The one guaranteed outcome if this comes about, there will after the first home game a deluge of posts on here, about how poor the atmosphere was, and the new singing section isn't working, why can't the north and south sing in unison, if only we had safe standing, a drum, a megaphone.

Combined with posts from displaced ST that they don't like their new view of the pitch, others that don't like being closer to the away fans, the experience of leaving the ground is poorer.

No doubt PBOBE will be in overdrive replying to all the emails on the subject.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
so currently running at 16% of all voters say yes.

If that were replicated over our wider season ticket base, it would give us easily enough interest to be confident of gathering circa 2000 interested parties into the South
Just scanning down the percentages, it's clear there's no real appetite for it, in isolation. Maybe if the South could at the same time be the designated site for safe standing, the percentages might change. The two go hand in hand shirley

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I most certainly will not be for moving, but I will be delighted if indeed the signing sections moves South.
I sit just a few rows north of the halfway line in the west stand. Moving these noisy persons to the south will mean they are a few extra yards from me and hence hopefully will be less likely to disturb the peace and quite where I am seated.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Can you hear the South Stand sing?

We can’t hear a f***ing thing.

I seem to remember that being sung out as required by the North during the Goldstone days.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Definitely not moving from near the front of the WSU, enjoy watching the match from higher up. Had the same seat since the Amex opened and never thought of moving.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Absolutely brilliant idea.
Because most of us will stay in the North and carry on singing, some will move from the North and sing in the South, and many who've always wanted to join a singing group, but have been stuck elsewhere, will welcome the idea of a designated singing area somewhere else.... A total win-win in every respect. If this is an official 'fans' liason group' initiative, well done. If not it should be. With the lovely rail seats we're seeing more and more of at away games as an added extra.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It will be total cock up, I guarantee. The one chance only will be missed. Because it requires organisation. So it won’t happen. The constant moaning about atmosphere will therefore enter a 3rd decade, then the 4th and so on; each generation not realising it never has or ever will be consistently great because…THATS FOOTBALL!

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Have a blinding seat in the swc, but my other 3 st 2 daughters and mrs are in the front row of swc if I’m kicked out would move all 4 into the “ singing section “

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
so still hovering around 16% would - that's absolutely perfect. Anything above 10%, if reflected across the whole fanbase would give you the 2000+ active singers in the South we want.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Pricing may play a part. I'm along the goal line if the (north) west lower & like it there.

I take a 12 Yr old (who isnt ready for the north)& 15yr old (who is). The north stand pricing is tempting - especially when the older turns 18..

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Definitely not moving from near the front of the WSU, enjoy watching the match from higher up. Had the same seat since the Amex opened and never thought of moving.
I tried it once in a cup game for me it was way to far from the pitch I’m front row of the North and can smell the grass. You do get a better tactical view from up there though.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I tried it once in a cup game for me it was way to far from the pitch I’m front row of the North and can smell the grass. You do get a better tactical view from up there though.
I will wave to you at the next home game :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here