• Only for a bet

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Only Brighton songs

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not your crazy western way of karaoke. But the way of Samurai karaoke? Hai!

I've been known to do a terrible, terrible duet version of Bob Marley. With a Pakistani architect.

Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights has also been,er, re-interpreted aswell.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Where's the option Yes but the room empties sharpish.

I do Karaoke for my own pleasure (it satisfies my sadistic streak) and sound like a male Edith from 'alo alo':jester:

Last edited:

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I love Karaoke. With me, I'm always nervous after the first song, but after that I'll always go up again and again.

My fav songs: Stand By Me.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes, although I don't have the voice of an angel.

Come Together is my speciality. I have also been known to partake in Karaoke abroad and tried some Spanish and Butch songs before. Bit challenging. Love it though. Not very good but keen performer.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
is the pope a nazi?

What a wonderful night for a moondance.........

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Gold, by Spandau Ballet. And Delilah. Often. Never been praised for my ability to leave an audience wanting more, put it that way.

Jul 20, 2003
Everybody's Talkin' - Nillson
&
Wichita Lineman - Glen Campbell

have been ruthlessly butchered on a number of occassions

love it

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...anything by Elton John and also John Lennon...right in my range

I also have been known to do a bloody good attempt at Crying game by Chris Isaac and Lovely day by Bill Withers as i can hit the high not bang on! ( something to do with singing Tenor I think ...LOL)

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Toronto Seagull said:
Ahhhh......Karaoke.

One of my favourite pastimes. Tokyo was superb for karaoke, especially when you get into one of the karaoke joints that do all you can drink for a 1000 yen per hour per person. A three-four hour session was superb fun especially after a beer and sake session at a Yakitori restaurant.

Alice Cooper - House of Fire
Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child o' Mine
Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
Animals - House of the Rising Sun.

Whilst in Tokyo a work colleague of mine could sing Tragedy by the Bee Gees and hit the high notes...:eek:

It's stuff like this that makes me never want to leave! Karaoke is brilliant fun over here. Last time I went they gave us a mic stand, so you could TOTALLY ham it up. :clap2:

As for best hits, Total Eclipse of the Heart is a simply STUNNING karaoke song. But only if everyone is sufficiently HAMMERED. :drink:

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
donkeys years ago, we took the kids to one of those Centre parks type places near Eindhoven and one night there was a karioki evening.

Anyway, there was a really good system, with huge video screen etc etc and after about 10 people absolutely massacring Beatles songs ( they were truly awful)...anyway, there was about 300 people around the stage area and they politely clapped each person, not laughing at all...it was very surreal.

Anyway, i got up and asked to do candle in the wind.....started to sing and after about two bars, people started clapping ( It was bizzare)....then the dj bloke turned the lights down and people started holding their lighters up and swaying, people got up and were "slow dancing":lolol: :lolol: :lolol: I was amazed.I felt like some entertainer..anyway I finished and I got a tremendous clap and I thought I had entered a parrallell universe.

The next time I did it in Menorca everyone was pissed and we had a riot of a time.:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
It's stuff like this that makes me never want to leave! Karaoke is brilliant fun over here. Last time I went they gave us a mic stand, so you could TOTALLY ham it up. :clap2:

As for best hits, Total Eclipse of the Heart is a simply STUNNING karaoke song. But only if everyone is sufficiently HAMMERED. :drink:

Not difficult to get hammered with the bargain Nomihodai. Murdering classic songs in your personal room drinking all you can all night for about 15 quid, a bargain.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Churlish not to really even though I can't really sing. Obviously have to be well tanked up. " Back in the USSR" by the Beatles and " Teenage kicks" by the Undertones personal favs.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Never ever done Karaoke and never will. Even when properly wasted in Ibiza i still had the common sense to say no. Infact im very proud of that :)

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Did it with some mates at Royal Holloway Uni for a bet (singing "its not unusual"), and managed to get into the University Prospectus the following year, under the title "students enjoying a typical night out in the union" .... the shame:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here