Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
on the Adur then?
Bit less flooded

EF820FF2-786E-4643-AFB2-EE04663B6C50.jpeg

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
4th place in 2020 was 66 points, in 2021 it was 67.

Should a champions league place be the target?
I - genuinely - hadn't even thought of that. But it's not far above the projected final tally.

A bit of luck and 'rub of the green' and why not? After 13 games, the table won't be lying. I'll bet that privately, and not for public consumption, TB will be setting targets like you suggest. And rightly so.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Looking at the stats, I can't see how they were unlucky. The red card was blatant, and Mitoma could have scored without the foul. Yeah they worked hard, but since when has that meant you deserve a draw? It's not like we didn't also work.
It wasn't that long ago teams like these drew, and sometimes lost in games that swung. WOlves dug in, just giving them a little credit that's all

we were by far the better team and could/should have won more comfortably, missed a few good chances etc etc. That's normal.

It was the right result

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
De Zerbi building on Potter‘s foundations, I think we’re going to be ahead on the deal.

The most exciting times to be a Brighton fan ever. Amazing.
+ £26,000,000 better off.

Begging the question:-

Why was Bob out of work, when EPL jobs come up every few weeks?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It wasn't that long ago teams like these drew, and sometimes lost in games that swung. WOlves dug in, just giving them a little credit that's all

we were by far the better team and could/should have won more comfortably, missed a few good chances etc etc. That's normal.

It was the right result
I agree with that, just not calling them unlucky that's all

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
De Zerbi building on Potter‘s foundations, I think we’re going to be ahead on the deal.

I think it's a bit early to be judging, but hope you're right,

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I've just seen the extended highlights.

The sending off was a no brainer. Really.

Podence suffers from little man syndrome and needs a whack in the knackers.

Hwang Hee-Chan is a weedy nob end.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've just seen the extended highlights.

The sending off was a no brainer. Really.

Podence suffers from little man syndrome and needs a whack in the knackers.

Hwang Hee-Chan is a weedy nob end.
Hwang did Dunk a huge favour by not making more of the first half incident, when Dunk chased him into,our box, and bumped into the back of him. For all those on here berating the ref, there are those that COULD have judged that incident the same as the Wolves red (and would have been a penalty also).

clearly the force of the contact was far less, but if judged a foul, it’s the same offence.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hwang did Dunk a huge favour by not making more of the first half incident, when Dunk chased him into,our box, and bumped into the back of him. For all those on here berating the ref, there are those that COULD have judged that incident the same as the Wolves red (and would have been a penalty also).

clearly the force of the contact was far less, but if judged a foul, it’s the same offence.
Except what is considered “light” contact is no longer a penalty. There have been a couple of instances where we have had players pushed harder and had nothing given. Rugby tackles however….

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I think of it more that Houghton laid the foundations, Potter built the house and De Zerbi is our fancy Italian interior designer putting the finishing touches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here