Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wolves players were horrible whinging little rats all day. Yet they got the decisions time and time again - HOW WAS THAT NOT A PEN ON PERVS?
I disagree. I thought we got a few soft decisions too. Poor ref and VAR performance all round for me.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
From BBC website:

Brighton midfielder Pascal Gross: "[I'm] really happy, back to back wins are massive for us. We needed that. We had some good performances before where we didn't get the result. In the last two games we've played well, I think we deserved the three points today.

On scoring his goal: "I was in the box, hoping the ball comes towards me. Deniz [Undav] had a good turn, the ball came to me. It was going quicker and quicker so I had to slide tackle it in. A great goal for us.

"I think we could have played better against 10 men. That's where we can improve. That's where you have to move quicker to make the opponent tired. We get there in the end, we had some half-chances. Then it was patience and waiting for a chance."

On Kaouru Mitoma: "[He's] really good. The pace he has is exceptional. One v one he's really good. He's a really good player and I think he can have a big impact."

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
To come back from 2-1 to win 2-3 shows yet again the never say die attitude

10 man Wolves we’re very difficult to break down and actually had several half chances second half

Mitoma played very well again as did March although even I am starting to wonder when he will manage to score

MaCallister was outstanding as was Purvis

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I disagree. I thought we got a few soft decisions too. Poor ref and VAR performance all round for me.
That’s fine but which ones? I admittedly watched on a foreign stream with no sound so wasn’t influenced by anything but also had very little replays. Surely Pervs was a stonewall pen VAR? Nowhere near ball and takes him out. Dunks one is iffy as he was so close and arms naturally go out when you stretch like that. I felt they got a lot of niggly decisions too…

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wolves players were horrible whinging little rats all day. Yet they got the decisions time and time again - HOW WAS THAT NOT A PEN ON PERVS?
Second week running the ref has given pretty well every 50/50 to the opposition From mid way through the second half. We were being hacked down late in the game, nowhere near enough cards when you consider how happy he was to give Caicedo one early doors

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What an odd game, we won, should have been far more comfortable but all good in the end.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
For De Zerbi!

Thanks mate for the win!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That’s fine but which ones? I admittedly watched on a foreign stream with no sound so wasn’t influenced by anything but also had very little replays. Surely Pervs was a stonewall pen VAR? Nowhere near ball and takes him out. Dunks one is iffy as he was so close and arms naturally go out when you stretch like that. I felt they got a lot of niggly decisions too…
For starters Welbeck free kick on the edge of their area is ridiculous. No one anywhere near him. There were a few other soft ones too. Thought the ref was poor all round.

I agree on their penalty. No sure arm is in an unnatural position, plus I don't see the flight of the ball change to suggest there was contact from the angles they showed.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My stream froze seconds before our third.
By the time I had got it back we were winning :lolol:
Mitoma brilliant one on one in the box.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Under P*tter we'd have drawn that, or maybe even lost as he'd have benched Mitoma.

Absolutely INCREDIBLE football. So exciting. So direct.

Really pleased we're now able to beat the low block. Lallana's clever feet and Mitoma's sharp turns buy us space where there isn't any.

Let's dump Arsenal out of the cup and then it's Villa and Saints. BRING. IT. ON.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here