Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's top of the Championship?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
All the other results seem to be going our way as well, just like 2010/11 season, and we all know how that ended!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Saturday 29th September 2012
Cardiff V Blackpool
Charlton V Blackburn
Middlesbrough V Leicester
Brighton V Birmingham

Sunday 30th September 2012
Nottm Forest V Derby

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
Brighton V Ipswich
Huddersfield V Leicester
Hull V Blackpool

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
Middlesbrough V Derby
Nottm Forest V Blackburn

Some difficult fixtures there for our competitors.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
We may be on top, lads. But you're all forgetting that Palace are the most feared team in the championship with the most realistic chance of play-offs. Sorry to burst your bubble...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We may be on top, lads. But you're all forgetting that Palace are the most feared team in the championship with the most realistic chance of play-offs. Sorry to burst your bubble...

Palace's next two games are both away, to Bolton, then Wolves.

Two defeats will leave them on 10 points from 9 games, and our bipolar traveller chums will once again be calling for Freedman's head.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
But CMS can't score enough goals to get us promoted and we have NO CHANCE if we don't get this target man in.

After our first 2 results the playoffs is just a dream.

What is gus DOING!?

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm still stuck in NSC from 4 weeks ago. Obviously it's early so talk of promotion is just SILLY, but I still remember my favourite quote after the first two results from Uncle Spielberg:

"Gus has clearly given up on promotion". Brilliant.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So I didn't dream it then! :)
Either that or your dream hasn't ended yet. You need to pee and your standing over the toilet, ready to go. And release.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Palace's next two games are both away, to Bolton, then Wolves.

Two defeats will leave them on 10 points from 9 games, and our bipolar traveller chums will once again be calling for Freedman's head.
I think we should show our support for DF, get #TeamDF trending on twitter and start protesting for his permenent spot as manager.

1066gull

ourselves and hull are the form teams. Also boro are up there, have confidence blackpool will fall away

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Yeah we can't forget the dark horses, according to some of their fans they are the form team now, can we keep up?

Scary stuff

1066gull

Yeah we can't forget the dark horses, according to some of their fans they are the form team now, can we keep up?

Scary stuff

lol our defence are rock solid hadly conceding anything. if our strikers can keep scoring we will be raking in the points

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
And to add we have a superior goal difference and if you look over the seasons goal difference can be a better indicator of where teams will end up than points. Probably does not make sense but going by points teams can swap places on a weekly basis but come the end of the season it is usually the team with the best goal difference on top and then decreases in order down the table.
Hope that makes senses it's the ramblings of someone with altitude sickness.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

Scary stuff

If they continue their penalty form, then we should be shitting ourselves, quite frankly. We may need to install a bouncy castle type ground in the penalty boxes so when Zaha goes down, he bounces back up as if nothing happened...

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Yes it is looking great, that said we have still to play Leicester, Blackpool, Boro, Bolton, Wolves etc.

Still to early to get excited. Last year taught me that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

According to their fans they are nailed on certainties for one of the automatic promotion places.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
According to their fans they are nailed on certainties for one of the automatic promotion places.

some utter TOOL on the BBS said:
Wolves have lost their best two players in Jarvis and Fletcher and Yes they have had a good start without them. But, I dont think they are better than us. I gotta hold my hands up and say, after the Bristol City game I just couldnt see a win in ANY of the 10 following fixtures and thought we are gonna struggle in a huge way. Now with the new signings, I'm thinking We are playing superbly, the side has a Great Balance , with Healthy competition from the bench. and if we carry on the way we are now, We can beat Anyone in the division and push for automatic promotion, without even thinking about the play offs. Reading went up Automatically showing consistency, without setting the division alight last season. Who says We cant do the same ?? IMO right now, we have as much chance as any other side in the league.

:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here