Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which towns and villages best epitomise the real Sussex?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Ferring, Hassocks

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
You should rename this thread "let's see how many villages we can name"

Define "The real Sussex" .....do you list the history of a town or village, the artictecture and buildings (Sussex is well known for having part tiled houses), maybe traditions or just stunning scenery ?????

Last edited:

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Burwash, end of thread ;-)

7748579BB39D-1.jpg

oh! For the kings head??? CUCKFIELD WAS OUR VILLAGE OF CHOICE WHEN WE WAS YOUNG,WHEATSHEAF,TALBOT,WHITE HART,KINGS HEAD,SHIP INN:mad: OH HAPPY DAYS

Jesus Christ REV, I have a feeling we may have met many times.

Was Martin Linley the Landlord of The Kings Head when you were drinking there?

Great times.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
You should rename this thread "let's see how many villages we can name"

Define "The real Sussex" .....do you list the history of a town or village, the artictecture and buildings (Sussex is well known for having part tiled houses), maybe traditions or just stunning scenery ?????

I guess I meant "real" Sussex as far as epitomising the best of Sussex in terms of architecture, a sense of community, surrounding countryside, quality of life ...

Would agree that Midhurst is one town that shoud definitely have been on my original list, but Uckfield??

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not enough West Sussex!

Anywhere on either side of the A272 from Wisborough Green through Petworth to Midhurst is Sussex to me.

If pushed would have to say the view of the Downs from the Horse Guards (Tillington, just outside Petworth) while having a pint of Harveys is REALLY Sussex to me. :drink: :love:

Last edited:

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
I like Rottingdean and Alfriston villages just a shame they're both ruined by busy roads running through them,also got a soft spot for Jevington village too.....especially the Eight Bells pub,yet another village ruined by a busy road running through it!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Hurstpierpoint. Lived here 25 years and still ignored in the butchers while they chat to the locals. Been asked twice in the Wine Bar this year if I'm new in the village! Surely the true definitions of a village.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here