Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

which Albion game did you miss......

.....but really wish you hadn't?

It can be any match historically (so if it was the 1910 Charity Shield, fine)

I personally have been quite fortunate and not missed much of note since 1977

but the 3 biggest i've missed are fans United v Hartlepool, Liverpool away 1983

but my vote goes to

NEWCASTLE AWAY 1979

10,000 albion fans partying in Geordie land, What must that have been like!?

:albion2::falmer::albion2::falmer::albion2:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Swindon at home, Play-Off Semi-Final 2004. :(

I had to work slightly later than usual that day, meaning I couldn't have got to the ground in time. Never have I screamed at a TV so much as I did when Virgo scored.

Would have also loved to be there for Fans United, and for Doncaster and Hereford.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All the big ones apart from the play-off final.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
2-1 win over Watford on 3rd January 2005 (Mayo 16, Knight 69). Me bruv was found dead two days earlier on New Years Day. Really REALLY wish I hadn't had to miss that match.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
if Brighton have ever played Cowdenbeath...then that game!

P.S. anyway of finding that out?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
1979 Newcastle away promotion clincher. My dad and brother went but I didn't. I have no idea why, I can't remember.
:shrug:

1983 Cup Final (1st match). Had a ticket but my RAF Sergeant would not let me have a days leave.
:rant::tosser::rant:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The 3-3 draw at Leeds and the Bradford and Huddersfield games last season, I have been to all the BIG games since I started supporting the Albion :fairweather fan:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh, and the Forest away match when we broke their unbeaten home run. Another one where dad and bro went, but I didn't and don't remember why.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In more recent times...

Brighton 3 Reading 1

I had booked a weekend away with the missus in Brussels, making sure that we were coming back in time for that game on the Tuesday. Then, not long after we had booked it, the game was brought forward by a day to the Monday, meaning I would have had to miss it. And I did.

f***. :angry:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The Spurs Cup game. The only time that my refusal to join the AMS ever stopped me seeing a game.

Still, I waa at Sheff Utd the following Sat for an amazing 2-1 win with injury time goals in each half.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
28/4/48 Albion 1 Watford 3.Wednesday's child is full of woe.

Anyone sell me the programme btw?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Swindon Playoff Second Leg - paid the price for not having a season ticket, despite going to 21 of the homes games. :angry: The plastics got in there quicker than me.

Playoff final - Had planned to get down to Withdean early and get my ticket, however I didn't expect the queues to be quite so big by 8am!! Went on holiday without a ticket and no chance of getting one. Got back and was offered a ticket whilst I was driving down to Devon - got caught up in an accident and had to pass. :cry:

Also missed the last game at the Goldstone - I gave my ticket to a friend as I had a cricket match and being captain, I was not allowed to go. It got rained off and I was forced to watch it from above the East Stand, standing in someones garden. :angry: A tout offered me one for £90, but seeing as I was a poor schoolboy there was no way I could afford it. Touts are total scum!!!

And the 1-0 at Palace. Winning £298 softened the blow (only slightly) - although it would have been much much more if I had worked out how to do an accumulator on the net. My £8 staked would have won somehting along the lines of £4k :eek:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here