Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think you're probably right about Colwill being their starting CB next season, but that's a lot of pressure on a novice playing for that toxic fanbase.

He's not the finished article, as shown away to both Spurs and Forest. At Chelsea he'll be under greater pressure to perform every week, just when he needs time to develop.

And what happens if his form dips? Can Pochettino afford to honour any assurances when his own job will be on the line?

Many young English players nowadays are more sensible about how to shape their careers and big pay packets are less appealing than they once were. Just ask Ross Barkley.

Unfortunately I think both Caicedo and Colwill will both be playing for them next season.
His form dipping would be a natural thing for any footballer. I think it’s more the point that he is intended to be used as a starter, rather than essentially knowing he is behind three or more others and unlikely to get a game. If a player plays badly and loses their place, that’s their problem. But at Chelsea these young players usually don’t get a look in as there are “big name” expensive players always ahead of them.

They are starting to realise this now, why go and waste fortunes on the likes of Fofana, Koulibaly, Cucurella et al when they own one of the brightest young talents in the country.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I haven't read the whole thread but it looks as though Chelsea will get him based on reports - I'm hoping we'll get at least 100m + add ons for him... Reflecting on things I'm much more gutted about Moises leaving than Ali Mac personally, think he could possibly be one of the best players we'll ever see wearing the stripes, and he's still only 21.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think they absolutely can afford it, they are selling dead wood and unwanted players like Koulibaly, Mount, Gallagher and about seven or eight others - Mount and Gallagher alone are £80-90m of pure “profit” for the purpose of FFP accounting.

So when Moises goes on an eight year deal or similar, it is immediately offset by the profit from player sales, as well as being amortised across a long period. It is their entire business model under Boehly.

Colwill is their starting CB next season, absolutely no question. It’s pie in the sky thinking that Chelsea will sell voluntarily without the player basically saying “I am running down my contract because I want to move to Brighton, so sell me now or lose me next summer for free”.

Which is never going to happen because he’s going to get a massive new contract and assurances of playing time.

Agree with your posts but one correction. UEFA now limit transfer fee amortisation to straight line over a maximum of 5 years.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Arsenal withdraw their interest and Chelsea will never sell Colwill to us. Going to be some heartbroken Albion fans who thought Colwill would rejoin us.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ts-to-sign-nicolas-jackson-and-moises-caicedo

Chelsea absolutely need a DM with both Kovacic and Kante departing. TB holds that key card, to drive up a colossal fee.

They’re trying to limit the cash damage by swapping Gallagher. The funniest thing about that would be Nigel’s seeing zero loyalty to the rust and blue stripes.

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Arsenal withdraw their interest and Chelsea will never sell Colwill to us. Going to be some heartbroken Albion fans who thought Colwill would rejoin us.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ts-to-sign-nicolas-jackson-and-moises-caicedo

Chelsea absolutely need a DM with both Kovacic and Kante departing. TB holds that key card, to drive up a colossal fee.

They’re trying to limit the cash damage by swapping Gallagher. The funniest thing about that would be Nigel’s seeing zero loyalty to the rust and blue stripes.
Thanks - but we don't want Gallagher in part exchange for Caicedo (OK, that's just my opinion I know).

Arsenal offered £70M for Caicedo in January. That wasn't a big enough offer to sell him mid-season and possibly derail our bid fir Europe - but probably wouldn't be such a bad offer now (sorry to those of you with blue tinted spectacles who think we'll get £100M. We'd like to get £100M I'm sure - but we won't. Something slightly north of £70M will probably be the eventual outcome).

Colwill plus £40M? Probably a good deal - shame we'd be dumping Caicedo in a club like that though, project or no project. He seems to be a nice lad. Funny thing is, if Boehly had held his nerve and not shat himself at the fans' reaction (and some of the players too, TBF) and kept Potter, they might just have had a project!

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thanks - but we don't want Gallagher in part exchange for Caicedo (OK, that's just my opinion I know).

Arsenal offered £70M for Caicedo in January. That wasn't a big enough offer to sell him mid-season and possibly derail our bid fir Europe - but probably wouldn't be such a bad offer now (sorry to those of you with blue tinted spectacles who think we'll get £100M. We'd like to get £100M I'm sure - but we won't. Something slightly north of £70M will probably be the eventual outcome).

Colwill plus £40M? Probably a good deal - shame we'd be dumping Caicedo in a club like that though, project or no project. He seems to be a nice lad. Funny thing is, if Boehly had held his nerve and not shat himself at the fans' reaction (and some of the players too, TBF) and kept Potter, they might just have had a project!
We aren’t signing Colwill.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Hasn’t he made a career out of knowing quite a lot? Enough for sky sports to employ him.
That mean’s absolutely diddly squat. Have you ever watched the Transfer Show on Sky? Even more made up bollocks than Fab(rication) Romano. All done to get people tittering… like we’re all doing.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That mean’s absolutely diddly squat. Have you ever watched the Transfer Show on Sky? Even more made up bollocks than Fab(rication) Romano. All done to get people tittering… like we’re all doing.
Agree although before he became mainstream he was the main guy for transfers on Twitter hence over 15 million followers. He’s built a career out of transfer rumours good luck to him.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Sticking with”nowhere” if it’s even close to true that Albion want £120 million for him. (according to some random Daily Express headline that popped up on my Google news feed)

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Agree although before he became mainstream he was the main guy for transfers on Twitter hence over 15 million followers. He’s built a career out of transfer rumours good luck to him.
Actually changed my mind about Romano. Apart from the Here We Go, he’s ambiguity is actually very skilled. He rarely commits to anything. It’s all hearsay, but is delivered in his style built over years inhabiting the Twittersphere. Fair play to the bloke. Still don’t believe anything he posts though, ESPECIALLY when it’s about BHA.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Actually changed my mind about Romano. Apart from the Here We Go, he’s ambiguity is actually very skilled. He rarely commits to anything. It’s all hearsay, but is delivered in his style built over years inhabiting the Twittersphere. Fair play to the bloke. Still don’t believe anything he posts though, ESPECIALLY when it’s about BHA.
Strong Clinton Baptiste vibes.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
From what I see on Twitter, he clearly has an in with many of the big agents and possibly fed some stuff unofficially in the big clubs.
He usually first publishes speculative stories such as X is looking to leave, or Y club are interested in X player.

Then most of the stuff he reports is a rehash of other people's stories he clearly believes are in the know. But he wraps his tweet in a repost of his vague original posting.
Then rinse and repeat are the saga drags on. See tweets regarding Milner and Dahoud.
He stakes his reputation on his Here We Go exclamations, so he only does that when he is sure it is going ahead. If something he has predicted doesn't come to pass, he just puts out an alternative narrative (Club Z came in with a higher bid, or Club Y decided their priorities lay with Player Q, as per the current Moises and Arsenal/Chelsea saga).
It is all very clever wordsmithery, if rather annoying that a leech like him is able to make a decent living.

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
But does he know how to use a phone? Looks to me like he is talking into the camera on his phone here

Attachments

• IMG_8423.png
    IMG_8423.png
    8.3 MB · Views: 70

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The longer this goes on I'm just starting to have the feeling that Chelsea will baulk this time over what Tony wants for Caicedo, and that he just might end up staying this summer for at least another year. If Arsenal get Rice I can't see them going for Moises as well due to cost, leaving only Chelsea and possibly Man Utd as alternatives.

I know there has been specualtion that terms have been agreed with the player on social media, but unless Tony gets the deal that suits him (probably £90m in reality or £60m odd plus a player in return) I just have an inkling he may not move at all. With Man Utd and their ownership issues delaying them getting involved much in the market place, I'm personally hoping we get 1 more year out of him.

Or is this just wishful thinking?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The problem is, given the narrative seems to be 'he wants to leave and has had assurances he can leave' how will he react to not going this summer?
He was exemplary after the January bid, but he might just look at the Mac transfer (obviously entirely different) and create an agent fuelled fuss.
I suspect we will be looking for the 100million mark, something like 90 plus add ons likely to be very hard to turn down.

The longer this goes on I'm just starting to have the feeling that Chelsea will baulk this time over what Tony wants for Caicedo, and that he just might end up staying this summer for at least another year. If Arsenal get Rice I can't see them going for Moises as well due to cost, leaving only Chelsea and possibly Man Utd as alternatives.

I know there has been specualtion that terms have been agreed with the player on social media, but unless Tony gets the deal that suits him (probably £90m in reality or £60m odd plus a player in return) I just have an inkling he may not move at all. With Man Utd and their ownership issues delaying them getting involved much in the market place, I'm personally hoping we get 1 more year out of him.

Or is this just wishful thinking?
Nope, I feel the same as I know the club will try and keep RDZ happy and with a squad capable of competing in Europe and the premier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here