Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where did you watch England get done by the Argies @ France '98?

My old schoolmate and I had a ticket for the match, bought as a face-value package for 2 games. Never expected us to finish second to be honest, so it was a shock to have that fixture land up on my ticket.

Sadly, we had already spent 3 weeks all over the Mediterranean coast, and couldn't really piss off back to France again when we only had a limited time left to see family and friends before hopping back to the US and Australia. Sold the tickets in Dover to some lads driving onto the ferry, then headed to Rye for a slap-up dinner.
For the match, it was The Lady Jane in Shoreham. Ended up like a mad lout at the end. Flammable stuff, is alcohol.

Never blamed Beckham for the offsending - the ref was bent.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the weald, burgess hill - it was the first of many disapointing ends to international competitions that i have witnessed in that place

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I was just 9 years old so I was at home. I remember running out of the room crying when Batty missed the penalty.

I don't remember Sol Campbell goal being ruled out...wasn't that Portugal a few years later?

The same thing happened to the same player in both games...

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
The Elephant & Castle, Lewes. Along with others, I distinctly remember urinating in the basin in order to avoid the queue and to get back in front of the TV in time for the penalties.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You know what, I actually can't remember. In all probability it was in the Amex Sports and Social Club.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I was in what used to be called The Finnegan's Wake, just outside Brighton station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here