Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where did you watch England get done by the Argies @ France '98?

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I'd been over to France to watch England v. Tunisia and back on terra Anglaterre, I went with a few pals to The Royal Hussar on Lewes Road for the above game...

Don't remember a whole lot about it as was annhilated on lager top, other than Sol Campbell having a goal ruled out...

Football isn't the same when you're pissed!?

Roll on S. Africa 2010 :p

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
i was on holiday in tunisa when we played them but i cant remember where i was for the argentina game.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I was just 9 years old so I was at home. I remember running out of the room crying when Batty missed the penalty.

I don't remember Sol Campbell goal being ruled out...wasn't that Portugal a few years later?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
The company I work for has a decent clubhouse and I watched it there on the big screen with a load of mates. I remember we all jumped up and were screaming and hugging each other when we thought Sol Campbell had scored and it took nealy a minute before we all realised it had been dissallowed, gutted.

:rant:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Pub, That prick referee ruined my night :rant:

Not being funny but, are you sure?
That would make you at least 29 years old!!!!!
Unless you were there with your parents.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Not being funny but, are you sure?
That would make you at least 29 years old!!!!!
Unless you were there with your parents.

Correct my friend, We were actually in a bar down the seafront somewhere and I was gutted for days...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
BECKHAM_OFF.jpg

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
At home.

I acctually missed Beckham getting sent off because I went out to the garden to re-create Owens goal and lost track of time!

I couldnt beleive it when my Dad had told me!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
At home.

I acctually missed Beckham getting sent off because I went out to the garden to re-create Owens goal and lost track of time!

I couldnt beleive it when my Dad had told me!

That's weird.

I missed it out in the garden as well, I was tense so went to kick a ball about wih my dad, came in to see the card come out. Funny looking back on it now really.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The company I work for has a decent clubhouse and I watched it there on the big screen with a load of mates. I remember we all jumped up and were screaming and hugging each other when we thought Sol Campbell had scored and it took nealy a minute before we all realised it had been dissallowed, gutted.

:rant:

I was in a pub in Southampton. I remember that well... one minute Sol Campbell had scored and we were all celebrating, next minute Argentina were on the counter-attack and the 'goal' was chalked off. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here