Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When do the roadworks on the A27 for our new stadium start?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Love the caption bit on thier website

"Protecting The Environment"...........

oops.

:lolol:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Do you think anyone from SEEDA ever ventures out of Guildford?

Don't think so, I was playing poker with some of them down the Tup a few months ago and they mentioned then that it was something they were working on... not that they gave me any more details than that.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
SEEDA work has started.
They have undertaken some tree pruning in Stanmer Park to allow for the widening of the road there, and they are carrying out service works from the bottom of Coldean Lane to the entrance of the park, (see my Falmer Watch photos tomorrow).

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
SEEDA work has started.
They have undertaken some tree pruning in Stanmer Park to allow for the widening of the road there, and they are carrying out service works from the bottom of Coldean Lane to the entrance of the park, (see my Falmer Watch photos tomorrow).

They wouldn't have been able to start this until now due to the possibility of nesting birds, all of which are protected.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Do they have to publish a winning tender price or is this deemed to be commercially confidential? Interesting to see if the price is on budget.

PG

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
someone explain the need to widen the road at Stanmer Park please, as far as I'm aware the Stadium is nowhere near that area :confused:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If you can pick the bones out of this, this is one of the drawings for the junction.

junction.jpg

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just out of interest how's that "Falmer school sports area and match day parking" going to work then? Are they going to let cars park on the school field? That could be fun in winter.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just out of interest how's that "Falmer school sports area and match day parking" going to work then? Are they going to let cars park on the school field? That could be fun in winter.

I imagine it's a hard play area.

Of more importance is how is it accessed. From that drawing, it looks like it's via a footbridge!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I imagine it's a hard play area.

Of more importance is how is it accessed. From that drawing, it looks like it's via a footbridge!
Well it always used to be a field with a couple of football pitches. There IS some limited hard car parking space, but the area shown as 'parking' was all grass last time I was there. (Maybe it is going to be altered, hence my reason for asking).

The bridge isn't a footbrdige, it actually goes UNDER the railway but it's very narrow, possibly only single track. Not sure if that's going to be widened.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I understand that Southern Water are planning on moving out of their complex, & that the Club are interested in the land. Only a rumour, like.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Well it always used to be a field with a couple of football pitches. There IS some limited hard car parking space, but the area shown as 'parking' was all grass last time I was there. (Maybe it is going to be altered, hence my reason for asking).

The bridge isn't a footbrdige, it actually goes UNDER the railway but it's very narrow, possibly only single track. Not sure if that's going to be widened.

The Railway bridge can't be widened i wouldn't have thought,its one of those old Victorian viaduct type ones.

I teach at the school and apparently the playing field isn't supposed to be touched by the club, but don't forget that in 2011 the school buildings would have been knocked down and been replaced with our brand new shiny Academy!!! From the plans that I've seen it will be very different up there as all the parking will be moved around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here