Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What makes your burger special?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No, not my chat up line. I have accidently invited a brace of people round for beers on the terrace dahlings and I realised I have not much in except the means to make decent burgers . I have inch thickers, salad and buns but a run to spAsda is required. I'd be simply enchanted if I could have some tips on how to make these Boirgers special. I'm a chilli fan but is there something else out there that will rock their taste buds to the f***ing core??? Give me some burger love NSC...

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Make lamb burgers.

Dice onion and fry gently for a long time until caramelised and just a bit crispy. Stir this into lamb mince with a bit of chilli powder and mixed spice. Make into burgers. Win.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Make lamb burgers.

Dice onion and fry gently for a long time until caramelised and just a bit crispy. Stir this into lamb mince with a bit of chilli powder and mixed spice. Make into burgers. Win.

I do like a nice homemade burger, such as described by the above discerning poster but on this occassion angus steak burgers have been purchased so at least the hard work is already done by the good folk at Strangebury's.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Steak mince
Thyme
Dill
Basil
Onion
Garlic
Salt and pepper
Worcs sauce

Mix

Done

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All good ideas and some def there for future use. Thanks NSC!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'll never forget the best burger i ever had, in Australia 1999, i still make it - add a pinepapple ring and some sliced beetroot. Really adds texture and flavour. Marvellous. Don't knock it until you've tried it, in theory doesn't sound nice but it is!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here