Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] We've made the Guardian home page!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You see, that's where you're incorrect. The Guardian is a liberal publication (in the non-political party sense of the word) and is as often criticised by the hard left as much as it is by gammons/facists/leavers/Sun,Express,Mail readers, etc. You know, all the types of people who make the world a feckin' sh1tshow for the rest of us...
A couple of years back I was on my lunch break at work in the staff room when a colleague turned up. I was reading The Guardian and he said " you are not reading that left wing propaganda rag again are you?". He was an ok lad most of the time but he had fairly extreme anti EU and edging towards very right wing views on domestic politics, a fairly typical " Angry from Tunbridge Wells" who had bought all the Mail/Express/Sun lies and half truths over recent years. ( also always referred to the BBC as the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation)

I said how in fact, The Guardian has a range of news and opinion features and will often headline something the Mail/Express/Sun would rather you did not know as it doesn't fit their agenda. He laughed that off and started on his lunch... Imagine my surprise, and especially his when two pages later I found an opinion piece from one Boris Johnson in the middle of the paper!...

Much humble pie from the other side of the table when I pointed out that a senior Labour politician would be highly unlikely to get the same treatment from his chosen news sources.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This govt is the worst Tory govt in living memory but there again the Guardian is very left wing .

.......thereby indicating that you've probably never actually read it.

Putting politics aside, it's pretty good for all sorts of things - Sport, the Arts, economics and business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here