Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wedding/Falmer Clash Narrowly Averted - Anybody Else In Same Boat?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My brother phoned up last night with the good news - he's getting married in the Summer. Now I knew it was in the offing for sometime next year, but instead of offering up the traditional gushing well dones! first thing that immediately leapt out of my mouth was a garbled :ohmy: 'WHICH MONTH?!' 'We were thinking of the first week in September'. 'YEEEESSSS!' At which point I stopped being head-mental and slipped into offering up of the traditional gushing well dones! Result! Wedding/Falmer clash narrowly avoided! Major family rift averted! Yay! :clap2:

Anybody else got a significant family event threatening to loom over the opening game at Falmer?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yep, my 50th that very day

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
My brother phoned up last night with the good news - he's getting married in the Summer. Now I knew it was in the offing for sometime next year, but instead of offering up the traditional gushing well dones! first thing that immediately leapt out of my mouth was a garbled :ohmy: 'WHICH MONTH?!' 'We were thinking of the first week in September'. 'YEEEESSSS!' At which point I stopped being head-mental and slipped into offering up of the traditional gushing well dones! Result! Wedding/Falmer clash narrowly avoided! Major family rift averted! Yay! :clap2:

Anybody else got a significant family event threatening to loom over the opening game at Falmer?

Edinburgh Festival. If work start letting me have my Sunday's back then i'll get back in on rehearsing for our play however the festival is in August, and we usually go during the middle. Basically if we get the first game of the season at home i'll be on it, otherwise i'm going to either delay my leaving (We'll leave on a saturday), try to leave on a Sunday or come back for it at my own expence.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
my friend has just got engaged to her boyfriend and they said they wanted a july/august wedding so im screwed if its on the first day of falmer,

I could try and convince her to have it at falmer but shes not a albion fan lol

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
Agreed no contest only one winner for that day. I'm even going as far as to not slipping the Mrs one throughout November and December just in case she gets up the duff. I just know what day it'll end up popping out, and I would end up resenting the little git for the rest of it's life

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's entirely possible I will have moved out of the city of Brighton and Hove before next season starts. :down:

But I'll be back with a bang on opening day! :clap2:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Might ...... repeat might ......... be in San Fransisco. My brother-in-law and his family live there and we're going over for a vist. The mrs is organising it all and working on a window that fits everyone's dates. My own dates of course don't matter, I mean, it's not as if I've waited thirteen years for this or anything. Hopefully we'll be back be on the Thursday before and so, a bit jet-lagged maybe, I'll be there.

Failing that, any one know a good divorce lawyer?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am getting married next September. I ruled out early August straight away when we discussed dates.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The date does coincide with my annual pilgrimage up to Blackpool for the Rebellion weekend which starts on the Thursday and finishes on the Sunday.
Thought of still going but travel back down on Saturday morning and back up again Saturday evening, but nah, too much of a hurry and would end up being so stressed I wouldn’t actually enjoy the fist game at Falmer (sorry Amex) .
So will forego it next year.

I did get married on cup semi final day back in 83, and seeing as two of my family at that time works for the club, I was not very popular.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Managed to get mine booked the week before 1st game of the season with the honeymoon starting on the 7th August (although booking of flights is on hold until fixtures are confirmed).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I cannot think of a single event that would prevent me from being at the Amex for the opening game of the season. Other than abduction and/or my untimely death.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here