Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Water Metres

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
Moshe Gariani said:
how do you get one? do you have to pay? is it easy?

contact your local water authority. usually they send a surveyer round to help you calculate your water usage, then will advise whether you will actually save money.
anglian water give you twelve months to see if you save ,if not you can revert back to your ratable value.
installation is free of charge, and yes' it is as easy as that!

that said i dont know what southern water are like............

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
scarby said:
contact your local water authority. usually they send a surveyer round to help you calculate your water usage, then will advise whether you will actually save money.
anglian water give you twelve months to see if you save ,if not you can rivert back to your rateable value.
installation is free of charge, and yes' it is as easy as that!

that said i dont know what southern water are like............

Free installation, do not think they will revert to ratable charges if you do not like it.

Also SW are starting to do water audits for domestic customers to show how they can save water and money.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Leekbrookgull said:
We have a water meter here,works out at around £320 per year,thats for a family of four. :ohmy: :albion:
Have more baths then

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Bog tip for metered properties ...

When its yellow, let it mellow,
when its brown, send it down !

If you like green grass and want to use a sprinkler (assuming no hosepipe ban) during a summer dry spell, buy one of those tap attachments which has a timer. Can just imagine turning on the sprinkler on a June evening just before kick-off - then after the penalty shoot out climax over 2 and half hours later going out to a soaked lawn and a big bill coming.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
They can save money for small households but one of the main points of them is to make people less wastefull with the water they use.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Marc said:
Water Butts, I sell them and DELIVER to your DOOR at NO EXTRA CHARGE*

NOW is the time to Save That Rain/Snow water...PM me for prices :)

*Excludes anywhere outside SUSSEX though!

What size are they though?

I like big Butts and I cannot lie
You other brothers can't deny....

:p

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
BarrelofFun said:
They can prove to be a lot cheaper if you are careful.

Full loads in the washing machine. Turn off taps when brushing teeth - use a cup.

Use rain water collected for watering the garden.

Limit showers, make sure everything is water tight.

:thumbsup:

We should all be doing that anyway!

E

enigma

England hasnt got the seperate flush buttons on the toilet in a lot of cases. For example, In Europe, some places I have been have got different flushes according to whether you have done a shit or a piss. That would save a lot of water.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here