Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Water Metres

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
We have just moved house and now have a water metre, anyone on here got one? are they cheaper like the water company tells you or just a way of making more money!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Don't you mean water METER? Or do you only have 39 inches of water?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
gvce26 said:
We have just moved house and now have a water metre, anyone on here got one? are they cheaper like the water company tells you or just a way of making more money!!

I have one over here. One tip - make sure your toilets haven't got a slow leak as it can cost you a fortune. Test them by adding some food colouring into the full cistern and see if any leaks out into the bowl over the next half hour or so.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Fit one of those bags in the cistern too. Uses less water to flush it.

PS Ignore the above if your number 2's are like Easy 10's. Keep flushing instead.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They can prove to be a lot cheaper if you are careful.

Full loads in the washing machine. Turn off taps when brushing teeth - use a cup.

Use rain water collected for watering the garden.

Limit showers, make sure everything is water tight.

:thumbsup:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
are they like sea miles...?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Water Metres

Juan Albion said:
Test them by adding some food colouring into the full cistern and see if any leaks out into the bowl over the next half hour or so.
Oooh, the toilet water will look GORGEOUS as well. I might turn mine Apricot, or perhaps a nice shade of lime green.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BarrelofFun said:
They can prove to be a lot cheaper if you are careful.

Full loads in the washing machine. Turn off taps when brushing teeth - use a cup.

Use rain water collected for watering the garden.

Limit showers, make sure everything is water tight.

:thumbsup:
Do all that and the bill is still £700 a year.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
ive been fitting meters for 15 years now and recommend them to anyone with up to three people living in the house.
most couples up here in the anglian region almost halve their bills, although this depends on the ratable value of your property.

another tip to add to barrel's if your a keen gardener, put a bucket under the tap whilst waiting for the hot water to come thru!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
scarby said:
ive been fitting meters for 15 years now and recommend them to anyone with up to three people living in the house.
most couples up here in the anglian region almost halve their bills, although this depends on the ratable value of your property.

another tip to add to barrel's if your a keen gardener, put a bucket under the tap whilst waiting for the hot water to come thru!
how do you get one? do you have to pay? is it easy?

D

Deleted member 2719

Go around to a mates to have a cuppa while your there have a dump and if your very quick you could probably take a quick bath without him noticing.

Or just drink beer and go down the local sports centre for a shower.

Could save you a small fortune!!

More tips are available on application.

;) :D

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Mouldy Boots said:
Go around to a mates to have a cuppa while your there have a dump...
if you have your dump in his cistern that will also save him money on future flushes (assuming an acceptable degree of solidity)

D

Deleted member 2719

Moshe Gariani said:
if you have your dump in his cistern that will also save him money on future flushes (assuming an acceptable degree of solidity)

I will remember that for next time.

:thumbsup: :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Water Butts, I sell them and DELIVER to your DOOR at NO EXTRA CHARGE*

NOW is the time to Save That Rain/Snow water...PM me for prices :)

*Excludes anywhere outside SUSSEX though!

Also depends on your water bill, cos we live in Hackney (generally low rateable value) our water rate is really low compared to west london. Which effectively subsidises our water rates.

So whilst we are pretty ecological, we doubt we can actually save cash if we go to a meter and we can't do much more to reduce the amount water we use.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here