Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - oh dear.......

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Am I missing something? Why is that funny?

His ambition is to not be playing in the Championship next season. He very nearly went to Cardiff in the summer for £8M. Monaco are lining up a bid for the same sort of money during this transfer window , realistically if you had the choice between a tax free lifestyle in the south of France or Croydon which one would you choose ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
His ambition is to not be playing in the Championship next season. He very nearly went to Cardiff in the summer for £8M. Monaco are lining up a bid for the same sort of money during this transfer window , realistically if you had the choice between a tax free lifestyle in the south of France or Croydon which one would you choose ?
Cardiff are really no more likely to get relegated than Palace. As for Monaco, that's the first I've heard of it, which is hardly surprising at it's a complete non starter. As if a wealthy champions league club in waiting are going to sign Tom Ince FFS.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cardiff are really no more likely to get relegated than Palace. As for Monaco, that's the first I've heard of it, which is hardly surprising at it's a complete non starter. As if a wealthy champions league club in waiting are going to sign Tom Ince FFS.

It was reported in the Mirror and Independent yesterday about Monaco being interested , Swansea have also been in contact , don't they usually qualify for the Europa League ?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It was reported in the Mirror and Independent yesterday about Monaco being interested , Swansea have also been in contact , don't they usually qualify for the Europa League ?
Have a think about it. Monaco are a champions league club challenging for the title. They spent £51m on Falcao in the summer because that is the calibre of player they need to compete at that level. Why on earth would they spend £8m on Tom Ince? There are equally talented U21s all over the continent available at a fraction of the price.

Now Swansea would be a good move for him, but if Palace or Cardiff offered more money to Blackpool and the player, quite clearly Ince would go to one of those.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
The best approach to Transfer Rumours can be found on this site...they don't take any of it seriously, as should we all!
http://www.theguardian.com/football/series/rumourmill

Especially this bit...
And Sunderland want Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Liam Bridcutt, who fancies moving nearer Scotland, hooking up with his old boss Gus Poyet, and getting out of the road of ageing media types from London making a loud song and dance about enjoying the sea air, eating fish and chips, not being in London etc.

humndinga

Dec 31, 2011
Utrecht
Van Dijk was very close to being a Brighton player, he spoke with the club several times, visited the city viewed properties saw two games, the price was very nearly agreed until Celtic popped in at the last minute and upped the bid and offered garunteed champions league. I saw him playing for Groningen twice stand out player prone to the odd slip of attention, but thats his age. From Jan told the local press up in Groningen that he was moving to Brighton in the summer, to play premiership football.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Go Ahead

Maybe we can sign this player instead?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
And the newspaper guessing columns get more coverage. What's the point? If it's in a tabloid (Scum, Mail, express, star, mirror etc) it's got a 10% chance of happening. If it's in the broadsheets I'd believe it more. This was from the Star.

So we should all buy the Gudiuan newspaper :facepalm:

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Read the Hull one and then read the Sunderland one, 21million difference in price for Steven Fletcher, made me chuckle the way its worded on the Sunderland one.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Both Man utd & City watching & considering big money bid this summer....looks like we should have thrown dome more chips into the pot rather than folded

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
He is playing in a poor team in a very poor league. Therefore any review should be tinged with a significant amount of caution. Having said that he is a stand out in that team. Not sure he is Premiership class though? I think Lewis Dunk is a better prospect. But then what do I know.
TNBA

TTF

Nothing.... Clearly

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Do palace muppets just wait in the wings to comment on a thread that might have a mention of their tinpot club? Do you really not have something better to do than hang around on a rivals board all day?

I'd say that boring bloke from Grimsby is more to blame here. He's absolutely OBSESSED with them, trying desperately to find jokes about Palace in every other tedious post, even if they're not there. This is case in point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here