Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Very Flattering Piece in the Telegraph today about our Mr Potter

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Think you are being a bit mean against THPP now. Good result yesterday so he will be mourning for a few days before appearing again, and then he will find you rubbing it in... just mean, man, especially considering how much he will suffer after the Newcastle game next week. Give him a break.

The idea that you enjoy our good results more than the fans who have been going for decades is bizarre.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's ok. [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] thinks he's a "gormless Benny" so I'm quite sure nobody at a big club will even consider him. Potter has just been very very lucky and actually doesn't know what he's doing.

There is only one “gormless Benny” and it’s not GP

He is a full on troll these days, sadly

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't think Potter would be stupid enough to take the Manure job. Too many big personalities in the dressing room who all probably think they know a better way of doing things. If he did, the first thing he would do would be to drop Ronaldo who doesn't work for the team! How well would that go down with the fans.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The idea that you enjoy our good results more than the fans who have been going for decades is bizarre.

I agree completely, bizarre! But it is obviously the case sometimes. Just look at the TSB guy - member since 2003, 17k posts, showing up twice this year: to celebrate Palace winning goal in February and to share his joy of Brighton being 3-0 down to City. Bizarre is indeed the word.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's ok. [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] thinks he's a "gormless Benny" so I'm quite sure nobody at a big club will even consider him. Potter has just been very very lucky and actually doesn't know what he's doing.

Pretty much on the button :clap2:

You wouldn't have posted that, or anything remotely like it, if the third goal had been allowed to stand as a direct result of needless dicking around at the back. If it had, the NSC echo chamber would 'of' imploded :lol:

Fair play to the bloke for riding his luck and gaining a superb point tho. It was what it was :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You wouldn't have posted that, or anything remotely like it, if the third goal had been allowed to stand as a direct result of needless dicking around at the back. If it had, the NSC echo chamber would 'of' imploded

Like it or not there's something to be said for that.

GPott's earned his current run of 'luck', it's almost as if the harder you work the luckier you get.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I just love it how NSC has become the [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] Show. Will never tire of being HECTORED by some random guy in Southern Sweden on his new-found personal platform. No idea What Gives there, but I guess it makes some sort of sense to the guy. Personally if I lived in Lund, I'd throw all my energies into Lund FC. But maybe that's just me :shrug:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Very good article , the telegraph has some great sports writers and in fact great writers in most departments . However it is naughty to post articles that are subscription only . This pays some of the writers salary.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I just love it how NSC has become the [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] Show. Will never tire of being HECTORED by some random guy in Southern Sweden on his new-found personal platform. No idea What Gives there, but I guess it makes some sort of sense to the guy. Personally if I lived in Lund, I'd throw all my energies into Lund FC. But maybe that's just me :shrug:

I agree, maybe best he sticks to Swedish football unless of course he’s ever lived in Sussex at some time . I’ve been living in Sussex over 20 years & started following Btn from the 2nd month I arrived so I feel I’ve earnt the right .

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm sure you'll find a way :thumbsup:

That's twice in the last couple of days you've used the quote function to attribute fictitious quotes to other posters. No more please.

Thanks.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I agree, maybe best he sticks to Swedish football unless of course he’s ever lived in Sussex at some time . I’ve been living in Sussex over 20 years & started following Btn from the 2nd month I arrived so I feel I’ve earnt the right .

I'm sort of the same. Moved to Brighton in 1980 - just as soon as I could escape the poxy Medway Towns - and was ensconced in the North Stand very shortly after. I don't claim any kind of rights at all, just the right to say say my piece. Same as anybody else really :shrug:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Back on track.

I heard Dale Stephens say that Potters first talk with the players went along the lines of, “ This will not be a dictatorship, I want to learn as much from you players, as you learn from me”.

Quite a statement from a new, relatively inexperienced manager.
I can’t imagine Morinhio saying that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Back on track.

I heard Dale Stephens say that Potters first talk with the players went along the lines of, “ This will not be a dictatorship, I want to learn as much from you players, as you learn from me”.

Quite a statement from a new, relatively inexperienced manager.
I can’t imagine Morinhio saying that.

Nah that first meeting goes something like:-

"no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
Yes, yes you...

...you're the player I'm going to pick on, bully & demean until such time as you contemplate quitting football".

A masterful tactician.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Rubbish, no one has to earn the right to an opinion. Swansmum used to annoy me but now I look at him and THPP affectionately, they both seem rather Special and are somewhat amusing if you take neither that seriously. Well, you shouldn't take anyone here that seriously.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Two key points.
i)Manure are rancid in the boardroom , a toxic bunch of cash stripping businessmen with little understanding of soccerball.
Why would GP want to enter that sort if environment?
ii)Uncle Tony will already have a contingency plan formulated and in a safe somewhere, that’s for sure.

Rest easy folks

TNBA

TTF

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Rubbish, no one has to earn the right to an opinion. Swansmum used to annoy me but now I look at him and THPP affectionately, they both seem rather Special and are somewhat amusing if you take neither that seriously. Well, you shouldn't take anyone here that seriously.

Saves you having to think too hard right? :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here