Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Vacuum cleaner

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Still using a 20 year old Miele. Weighs a ton but eats up cat hair. Very low maintenance. We have a small hand held Dyson but it is a bugger to clean, a bugger to take apart, and charges when it feels like it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I got a Shark cordless in the Amazon Prime day thingy last June. Excellent and really good value at £189(they say half price but I think you can still get it for a high 2 hundred price). It gives about 30 minutes on a full charge with the speed trigger at maximum. It's lightweight and easy to use. My Mum has a G-Tec which is smaller, even more lightweight and pretty good but not sure it would handle a largish house?

I also have a Henry who never fails but is a cheeky monkey, always bashing into things and turning over.

TNBA

TTF

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Wife wants to retire Hetty and get a lighter model, anyone bought one of the Shark pet hair jobbies especially cordless?

Few years ago my wife binned my solid, reliable Miele cylinder vac and we got a Dyson cordless. Life changer. Hoovering was such a minor job after that, just grab it off the wall, dash about and done. Lasted about 18 months before it was absolute shite. Max power mode lasts about ten seconds, less if you put the head on the actual floor to suck anything up. It is now solely useful for doing hardwood floors.

We got a shark pet hair corded and it’s fantastic. Not as powerful as the Miele (or your Henry), but it’s really easy to use and well designed. I find the mix of a cordless for quickly clearing up Labrador hair, and a mains for a proper clean, to be perfect for us.

I will never buy anything from Dyson again. Overpriced and not built to last.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Definitely. Had our first one well over 10 years and it was great. The latest one is so flimsy in comparison and you are forever taking bits off to make it pick up correctly. Probably good we never needed their ventilators - you would need a nurse taking off hoses every 10 minutes to keep it going.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Still using a 20 year old Miele. Weighs a ton but eats up cat hair. Very low maintenance. We have a small hand held Dyson but it is a bugger to clean, a bugger to take apart, and charges when it feels like it.

We have an old miele too, excellent machine, 15 years old and still works a treat. Only thing that betters it is my industrial Moulsecombe monster.

A recent addition is a rechargeable battery thing, ok for a quick dust bust, stairs etc but not hefty stuff , just checked, its a shark. Depends what you're trying to achieve I guess

My old Sturtevant Zephyr just lifted 10 kg of crap from under the floorboards in the bathroom. Its big, its heavy, but it can suck a 2" hose harder than Boy George on crack :eek:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
We have a shark but it's not cordless. Really good, better than the crap things we've had before.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thanks Shark it is then.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The conclusion we came to was the rechargeable ones are not as powerful as the mains/ corded models.???

Is the correct answer and even more so if pet hair is an issue. None of the ridiculously expensive wand like rechargeable ones have anywhere near the same suction and are prone to breakdowns.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Thanks Shark it is then.

Looking forward to your post praising its versatility and performance, i'm sure you wont be disappointed.
PS, If you dont need the pet hair thingy, i'd advise the car care thingy.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Miele C3 Cat & Dog - not light but works really well.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Few years ago my wife binned my solid, reliable Miele cylinder vac and we got a Dyson cordless. Life changer. Hoovering was such a minor job after that, just grab it off the wall, dash about and done. Lasted about 18 months before it was absolute shite. Max power mode lasts about ten seconds, less if you put the head on the actual floor to suck anything up. It is now solely useful for doing hardwood floors.

We got a shark pet hair corded and it’s fantastic. Not as powerful as the Miele (or your Henry), but it’s really easy to use and well designed. I find the mix of a cordless for quickly clearing up Labrador hair, and a mains for a proper clean, to be perfect for us.

Same thing happened with mine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here