Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Utter thick idiots

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tonight Leeds v Sheffield Utd. There was broadcast in the media prior to the game and also prior to kick off by the pitchside announcer there will be a period of SILENCE for George Baldoock. NOPE thick shits clap.

I'm sorry but a period of silent reflection is class clapping is not. Totally disgraceful.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Tonight Leeds v Sheffield Utd. There was broadcast in the media prior to the game and also prior to kick off by the pitchside announcer there will be a period of SILENCE for George Baldoock. NOPE thick shits clap.

I'm sorry but a period of silent reflection is class clapping is not. Totally disgraceful.
I've always found silence to be a bit awful as showing emotion to someone who has passed. Celebration of their lives and achievements is what i feel is better, so prefer clapping.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've always found silence to be a bit awful as showing emotion to someone who has passed. Celebration of their lives and achievements is what i feel is better, so prefer clapping.
It allows idiots to continue to chat away asking why they are clapping, show respect.

Clapping was introduced for those incapable to reflect.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Your periodic reminder that the “minutes applause” was only introduced because thickos weren’t able to shut up for a minute

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
We've got remembrance to look forward to at this time of year. This is where people have taken to clapping after the last post is played. Last year at Everton the silence was cocked up by the applause, referee blew up, then everyone hung around awkwardly for about a minute waiting for 15.00 to come.

Minutes silence at football are always awful though. With people inevitably milling around in a 30,000 odd crowd it's as silent as my dog when I walk in the front door. That's before you get into silence for divisive characters and knob heads in the crowd making a point. Clapping at least hides all that shit

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We've got remembrance to look forward to at this time of year. This is where people have taken to clapping after the last post is played. Last year at Everton the silence was cocked up by the applause, referee blew up, then everyone hung around awkwardly for about a minute waiting for 15.00 to come.

Minutes silence at football are always awful though. With people inevitably milling around in a 30,000 odd crowd it's as silent as my dog when I walk in the front door. That's before you get into silence for divisive characters and knob heads in the crowd making a point. Clapping at least hides all that shit
They never were it's only the total twats that can't help themselves these days.

Shut the f**k up. simple really

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It allows idiots to continue to chat away asking why they are clapping, show respect.

Clapping was introduced for those incapable to reflect.
That was always my feeling. With silence it only takes one idiot to ruin it. Happened countless times at the Goldstone.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agree but a Friday night game always asking for trouble

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That was always my feeling. With silence it only takes one idiot to ruin it. Happened countless times at the Goldstone.
That idiot was soon told to shut up. These days it's just not respectful

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I remember being at an away game just after the Queen Mother died, think it was Peterborough, during the minutes silence and Albion fan thought it was funny to loudly sing “Where’s your mother gone”
Some of our fans were saying shhhhhsh and some others were trying not to piss themselves laughing

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I remember being at an away game just after the Queen Mother died, think it was Peterborough, during the minutes silence and Albion fan thought it was funny to loudly sing “Where’s your mother gone”
Some of our fans were saying shhhhhsh and some others were trying not to piss themselves laughing
Colchester?
She died the day we won 4-1 up there and the bloke manning the Dartford toll told us (we’d already heard it on the radio).

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Silence is far more poignant. Sadly many are too thick to manage it these days.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That idiot was soon told to shut up. These days it's just not respectful
Well, it would start off being told to shut up and then it would sometimes end in minor chanting. Always a cringe worthy circus of disrespect. Expecting a whole crowd to stay silent is like telling a group of kids to make sure they've been to the toilet before getting on the bus. They'll always be a few.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well, it would start off being told to shut up and then it would sometimes end in minor chanting. Always a cringe worthy circus of disrespect. Expecting a whole crowd to stay silent is like telling a group of kids to make sure they've been to the toilet before getting on the bus. They'll always be a few.
No wonder society is f**ked if we have dumb down to the pricks

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
There's no point getting wound up by lack of respect these days.

Respect is very much a thing of the past in the modern era, sadly.
Oh I don't know, the remembrance day parade where I live is getting bigger and bigger. And, my kids would never ever disrespect a minutes silence, they are 25,27,29 but even when I first took them to football, they would not do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here