Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Uriah Heep - farewell

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Another memory this has rekindled relates to being in the queue in Windows buying a couple of Nektar albums and this unbelievably attractive rock chick (of a similar age) starting talking to me because she absolutely loved the band… the two things combining must have had odds of ten thousand to one 😂

I probably should have gone for a drink with her tbh, but being a shy progester I simply went a bit red and skuttled home to listen to Remember the Future…. 😂

Sins and omissions, such regrets… sigh.

Windows also had a guitar shop and I used to pop in and piss off the blokes by jamming out every Blackmore riff I knew, which was a lot… then one day I started playing the intro to the Necromancer by Rush… which I don’t think many people know too well… all the heads popped round the corner… 😂 so off I went into some Focus stuff… basically I was a total musical geek… but for me, nothing beats the early 70s for sheer musicality and (dare I say it) balls to the floor ROCK.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I guess if you’ve seen them before, then I totally get the reasoning - especially the sitting 🪑 bit…

For me, it’s the culmination of a journey… from an 18 year old in 2000 popping down to windows (music shop Newcastle) and cleaning up on 70s rock… from Lindisfarne, to Nektar, May Blitz and Steamhammer to Gracious! Black Widow and Captain Beyond … Uriah Heep we’re central to my journey of discovery… to put it mildly they chimed with me… but for some reason I never caught them live…

That (all being well) is about to change… for me these guys are Gods… I’d sooner drink my own piss than endure Oasis, indeed I’d drink someone else’s piss to watch one of my fave bands even if it’s a little later than I’d have liked - I can’t think of a more rock and roll way to put it than that 😂🎸🎸🎸
They are electric live, Mick Box is an entertainer par excellence, I know you’ll enjoy it 🤘🏼

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here