Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK citizen test- would you qualify??

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Seagullible said:
10. Like the ambulance question, 112 to make it easy for foreigners who may not know it's 999. If you are a british citizen then you should bloody well know it's 99 bloody 9!

Except 999 doesn't route from most mobile phones, or if it does, routes to Central London, adding serious delays in getting you even to the proper regional dispatacher.

112 always works off a mobile, and should you get the correct region based on cell information. Should, but not always...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What a shit test.

10/14. I'm a quater Italian which must surely explain the 25% of questions i got wrong.:dunce:

I was sure the pub one was 'you may have to prepare for a fight in the carpark':ohmy:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
13! Only one I got wrong was Father Christmas - didn't agree with ANY of the options. I see that urban myth about Coca-Cola changing Santa's color to red to match their logo is still going around.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
what bollocks questions !

why doesn't it start with 2 simple ones

do you understand the native language

can you communicate efficiently with this language

if not, f*** off

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Biscuit said:
13!

:drink: Does that make me BETTER than you lot?

Got the one about the Saints day wrong.

I got those right because when I was at St Nicholas Junior school in Portslade the houses were the four saints.Blue St Andrews, Green St Patrick, Yellow St David and red St George.
I was in St Andrews and we had a party on the saints day. Nov 30th was a great day. :clap2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Brovian said:
13! Only one I got wrong was Father Christmas - didn't agree with ANY of the options. I see that urban myth about Coca-Cola changing Santa's color to red to match their logo is still going around.

Santa Claus was depicted in many countries over many years as wearing various unspecified shades of red (as well as many other colours) long before 1931, but illustrator Haddon Sundblom used Coca-Cola's corporate colours on behalf of that company to define (or rather, re-define) Santa's image for their advertising purposes.

Of course, neither Sundblom nor Coca-Cola 'invented' him, which is what the 'urban myth' de-bunkers tell us, but then no-one was seriously claiming that.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
12 acording to the guide i can get a Seat in Parliament, anyone know when the Lewes MP's job comes up :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here