Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer window - what type of player would you buy?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Please TB/Gus. A top class left back and a right back, both with pace to burn, and good on the ball fitting in with Gus's possession football.

I really think that would complete things for May 2012 promotion, with luck.

Otherwise Painter & Calderon, bless, will be increasingly pinpointed by opposition coaching.

Dead right. I wasn't the only one that's noticed their blinding lack of pace at this level. Shame, but we have to plan ruthlessly.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Left back. I think that Painter is being targeted and is vulnerable. Maybe they could try Tommy there when he recovers? In reality I love the squad and the quality of the football we played in the second halves against Liverpool and Leeds was exhilarating.
So enjoying this season.

TNBA

TTF

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Looking at Gus's recent comments about virtually all the playing budget has gone,it leaves us not in a position to spend in January? for now i am very happy with the squad,ok fullbacks need cover,Goalkeepers are questionable to some,maybe a variation up front-but we have a few.

My mind is made up at the prospect of Liam Bridcutt being injured long term and this for me is central midfield.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i don't see anything wrong with keeper ........left and right back are sub for this league and we need a ball breaker up front ........carew style cf

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Goalkeeper - Ankergren needs competition
LB - should vicelot be in front of painter ?
Striker - a big bloke

brightoon

Jun 13, 2011
Should go for either Frazer Foster of Newcastle (currently on loan at Celtic) European experience and also was on loan at Norwich a couple of years ago. Or even Steve Harper of Newcastle - tonnes of Prem League experience and no longer nbr 1 at the club. Either would probably jump at the chance of a move for first team football.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
A ball holding finisher of a forward in the Kevin Phillips style and a keeper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here