Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
He was never tried at championship level but was immensely good against villa in the cup a couple of years ago.

He should never have been let go and that was my view even before now when we have only a small amount of centre backs available.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Tommy is more than happy at ballmouth. Earning lots of £ too. I think he could have cut it championship level. Just another odd decision by gus to let him go.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
unlike ElAbd.....

Who completely revolution-ised his game, from a donkey to a star in the Poyet era.

Elphick just couldn't achieve that, and whenever Greer or El Abd were missing in the title season, Elphick was out of his depth eg the tv game away at Colchester. The commentators and pundits who'd heard we were classy, were stunned by an embarrassing defence marshalled by Elphick.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Likeable lad, but I saw him as more form than function.
Long legged so he looked the part for a defender, but he got dispossessed easily, and he never seemed able to step on the gas. He was happy to score goals but that meant exposing us (and Adam el Abd) when he wandered forward - so imo he cost more goals than he bagged.
Gus saw past his quality and level and his ability was never going to match The Albion's ambitions.

Good luck to him with B'mouth.
I see Tiny scored for orient yesterday, he's at his level too

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Always liked Tommy but as a lot of people have already said I think he is more comfortable in L1!

That said for sentimental reasons, would of loved him to stay and to play at the Amex!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
This is the tackle* he was on the end of yesterday.

proxy.jpg

*f***ing outrageous assault that deserves a prison sentence

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I always rated him & was disappointed to see him go. I think he was improving, but the injury he got was horrendous, which he has done well to come back from.
Popular squad character who is missed; in fact I would guess that him & Nooney are both big losses in that department.
Badly treated in my opinion after "that" Bournemouth game at Withdean.
Anyway, good to see him doing well down the coast & I'm sure he will get a rousing reception should Bournemouth ever rock up at the Amex.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This is the tackle* he was on the end of yesterday.

proxy.jpg

*f***ing outrageous assault that deserves a prison sentence

Who was that? Whoever it is deserves to be named and shamed. Cowardly lunge, hate to see it. Complete disgrace to the game, it's shit like that which softens the game and means that proper tackles are punished. If pricks weren't doing this sort of thing then there'd be no discussion.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good player but unless we were going to commit to him being a starter I couldn't see him getting better than average L1. Glad he went somewhere he's wanted and expect him to have a very good career yo-yoing between L1 and Championship. Hopefully we won't be playing at that sort of level again though. I did think it was a good decision to let him go considering we had Dunk and Hall too (same with Cook going) but Hall buggered off and Dunk hasn't exactly kicked on. Hopefully a new CB at some point will show the decision to be correct. No doubt about it if he'd been rotting in our reserves for 18 months he would not be as good today as he is now and that needs to be taken into account by anyone saying they'd have rather kept him

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Who was that? Whoever it is deserves to be named and shamed. Cowardly lunge, hate to see it. Complete disgrace to the game, it's shit like that which softens the game and means that proper tackles are punished. If pricks weren't doing this sort of thing then there'd be no discussion.

Ryan Lowe

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Elphick was badly injured yesterday at MKDons. Best wishes to him and I hope he's OK.

Yep, best wishes to him from me too. You can never tell who will step up when challenged. In hindsight, I think it might have been better to have sent him on a long term loan to develop - and then he might have had a future back with us - but what's done is done. Good luck to the lad.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think you are, he played a couple of friendly games away from home but was then sold for £150,000 to Bournemouth before we played Chelsea.
Did he not return from injury until the end of the season?

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
So that's why he was sent off? What a CJTC. Useless lump of a "player".

Yes. The FA have also deemed his 3-game ban to be sufficient. Equally useless and CJTCish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ashley Barnes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here