Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomer Hemed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
People have a problem because that's not what the "journalist" is reporting, they're stating it as if he thinks that of all Palestinians when his post is clearly about the Hamas terrorists.

People aren't looking at what was actually said, just what was reported.

Hope Hemed sues her for libel.
This is my point too. If that was his attitude towards all Palestinians, and we can pretty sure it isn't, then it would be different. He was reacting to the barbarity. That's the way I read it with my righteous anger meter switched off.

I would trust that journalist less than nought. The problem is that the most extreme voices are the ones who get noticed, and unfortunately, just looking at various social media feeds, all we see is folk who like to angry first and ask questions later.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Seriously calm down.

This was a perfectly understandable reaction after jihadist terrorists stormed the Kibbutzim a year ago and long before it became obvious that thousands of innocent Palestinians would die in a punishing war on Gaza.

Whoever retweeted this was troublemaking.
Agree the retweet is misleading but the comment was posted 6 days ago and is in reference to what he was told and saw a year ago.

I agree it's a totally understandable reaction, and I don't think there is anything wrong with referring to terrorists as animals.
The issue is that he's posted it on a platform that contains a large quantity of images with him representing the club.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Haven’t the club previously sanctioned members of the fanbase for bring the club into disrepute based on their social media conduct? I can’t remember the specifics to benchmark but certainly recall the stance taken

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
"had to say about Palestinians facing a genocide.'"

I must have misunderstood the post as that statement doesn't match the content.

I don't believe he is talking about "Palestinians facing a genocide" but about the particular terrorists who carried out the acts he mentions.

Maybe I've misunderstood his words :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So he’s describing people who mutilate a women and stab and kill a child as a monster and people have a problem with that. Righto.

Weird lot on here.

This.

The usual one-eyes suspects. Without the slightest interest in any non Israeli aggression in the world, or the genocides going on in Iran, Ukraine or China.

They are strange.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The post in question is a week old, so presume there has been no fall out from it.

As @Munkfish states, if the post is meant to describe only the perpetrators of the violence in such terms, then it’s probably ‘okay’ - even if such language is better avoided.

In general there will have been absolutely no doubt of the Hemed’s views before he was offered his new role. I had to unfollow Mrs Hemed on instagram, as the constant myopic stream of Israeli state / IDF propaganda was unsettling. Tomer himself has until now been far more measured.
It is also possibly relevant as to when Hemed posted that. (assuming he actually did) If it was posted in the heat of the moment immediately after Hamas brutally murdered hundreds of unarmed kids at a music festival, it's understandable. If it was posted after Israel had slaughtered thousands of women and children in revenge, less so.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is also possibly relevant as to when Hemed posted that. (assuming he actually did) If it was posted in the heat of the moment immediately after Hamas brutally murdered hundreds of unarmed kids at a music festival, it's understandable. If it was posted after Israel had slaughtered thousands of women and children in revenge, less so.
It was posted by Hemed one week ago.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don't think it was.

I believe he met the soldiers back then, but didn't post anything about it.
It seems he decided to post it now after returning for the anniversary.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It was posted a week ago, but the start of the text says it was written a year ago.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Whichever way I cut it this definitely leaves a sour taste in my mouth when I think about it.

I have seen he’s been volunteering whilst living out there throughout the conflict but thought thus far he’d been fairly measured in his posts.

I’m sure he’s seen horrific things and been told about even more barbaric acts and that will have made a lasting impression but there is no righteous angle to this and he certainly should be warned about future conduct at the very least.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whichever way I cut it this definitely leaves a sour taste in my mouth when I think about it.

I have seen he’s been volunteering whilst living out there throughout the conflict but thought thus far he’d been fairly measured in his posts.

I’m sure he’s seen horrific things and been told about even more barbaric acts and that will have made a lasting impression but there is no righteous angle to this and he certainly should be warned about future conduct at the very least.
There is a 'righteous angle', of course there is. Hemed has every right to feel righteous anger at the sights of barbarism that he's witnessed, there's nothing wrong with that - what is wrong is Israel's disproportionate response (and Israel generally being a damn bad neighbour over the years).

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
The usual one-eyes suspects. Without the slightest interest in any non Israeli aggression in the world, or the genocides going on in Iran, Ukraine or China.

They are strange.
We're not arming China or facilitating their treatment of the Uyghurs, also don't think it's fair to think the general public should have to know about all issues - some not getting a huge amount of press - as when faced with an incredibly visual ongoing horrifying war.

The UK/West are funding Ukraine and very much part of the resistance against Russian aggression. Russia is our enemy, there's nothing to protest about here.

I'm unsure about the genocide in Iran, would be good if you could spread awareness instead of trying to delegitimize any criticism of Israel.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don’t understand how tweeting the memories of Israelis reacting to jihadist terrorists who invaded Israel and committed the most heinous crimes bring the Club into disrepute? How can any expression of pain in the face of atrocities that humans wreak upon one another be silenced? It is only by hearing from those impassioned souls who suffer first hand that we are moved to protest and come to a compassionate understanding. Without the eyewitness and firsthand grief-stricken accounts from Gaza, how would we know too that the inhumane killing of 1,000s of innocent women and children also demand our condemnation and protest?

He hasn’t attacked anyone verbally that half the Western world doesn’t want to exterminate.

Have you seen what feedback he is getting? It is sad that there is so much hatred.

Tarmuss

Hey @kickitout have you anything to say about this disgusting Zionist swine? @bhafc_academy???
26 m1 likeReply

plant_pappa

Am shitsrael khara! The genocidal maniacs will rue the day the decided to occupy Palestine.
3 h1 likeReply

fred0holman

free palestine and get out my club

FYI - Full text in English from Hebrew for balance

“text written almost a year ago and probably waiting for this day.” (ie The anniversary of one year)

”When I left for Bari I just thought I was ready for what I was going to experience. But I immediately realized that it is much bigger than you can imagine.
Even before we entered, we met soldiers who had just left Gaza after 50 days without seeing a house or a shower, and I was the first person they saw in front of them. They immediately asked for a picture even before I asked to take a picture with them. their fan.

See on their faces the physical and mental fatigue from what they went through from the terrible Shabbat until this moment and I'm there looking at them in admiration and don't even know what to say. just...

Then my journey into Kibbutz Bari began.
Shonit and I together with the Australian delegation together with a team of Zaka and Rami from Kibbutz Bari. Rami who saw everything, fought everything and remembers every detail of the cruel massacre that he and all his kibbutz members went through and did not give up until the last drop of blood in the war for their home.
And he continues to fight even now, with all the pain, the memories, the wounds, the scars, he is here to tell, to share and to make sure that everyone hears and understands what exactly happened. For the sake of the victims, for the wounded and for the future of the residents of Kibbutz Bari.

We arrived at the houses of the kibbutz, all the walls have holes, everything is burnt, it seems as if a second before the murderous attack, life was so peaceful and calm.
The dishes are still in the dishwasher, dirty clothes on the tray, children's toys in the bedroom, football in the garden. And in one moment everything stopped. Deleted! A whole history of families simply became extinct. There is no trace, not even a photo as a souvenir.
The eyes stare, the heart cannot contain, the head fights with thoughts and attempts to imagine what happened in each and every room in those terrible moments, and the thought of what happened to the victims in that space in those moments gave me no rest. I felt dizzy. The head keeps getting wet...

Stops thinking about trying to restore but can't really do it. Because we will never be able to understand the magnitude of the fear, the panic, the helplessness and the introspection that the end has come. My heart is broken.
And if I thought that the head might be able to imagine and understand what happened, we started to hear the testimonies of the ZAKA people and I realized that it is far beyond imagination.
Two horror stories about a woman who was found with no clothes and broken legs with a bullet in her head!!!!
A boy found with a knife stuck in his head on one side and coming out the other.
And from here no one could function anymore. Inhuman human animals!!! Monsters! May they die a painful death!
We all stayed there in silence with our thoughts and blood...”
Oh oh.......I feel a thread about to be derailed.

Both sides here are in the wrong. Both have committed unacceptable, inexcusable and downright wicked misdeeds. Neither side has god (whichever god they like to go on about) on their side. I'm out of here.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I don’t understand how tweeting the memories of Israelis reacting to jihadist terrorists who invaded Israel and committed the most heinous crimes bring the Club into disrepute? How can any expression of pain in the face of atrocities that humans wreak upon one another be silenced? It is only by hearing from those impassioned souls who suffer first hand that we are moved to protest and come to a compassionate understanding. Without the eyewitness and firsthand grief-stricken accounts from Gaza, how would we know too that the inhumane killing of 1,000s of innocent women and children also demand our condemnation and protest?

He hasn’t attacked anyone verbally that half the Western world doesn’t want to exterminate.

Have you seen what feedback he is getting? It is sad that there is so much hatred.

Tarmuss

Hey @kickitout have you anything to say about this disgusting Zionist swine? @bhafc_academy???
26 m1 likeReply

plant_pappa

Am shitsrael khara! The genocidal maniacs will rue the day the decided to occupy Palestine.
3 h1 likeReply

fred0holman

free palestine and get out my club

FYI - Full text in English from Hebrew for balance

“text written almost a year ago and probably waiting for this day.” (ie The anniversary of one year)

”When I left for Bari I just thought I was ready for what I was going to experience. But I immediately realized that it is much bigger than you can imagine.
Even before we entered, we met soldiers who had just left Gaza after 50 days without seeing a house or a shower, and I was the first person they saw in front of them. They immediately asked for a picture even before I asked to take a picture with them. their fan.

See on their faces the physical and mental fatigue from what they went through from the terrible Shabbat until this moment and I'm there looking at them in admiration and don't even know what to say. just...

Then my journey into Kibbutz Bari began.
Shonit and I together with the Australian delegation together with a team of Zaka and Rami from Kibbutz Bari. Rami who saw everything, fought everything and remembers every detail of the cruel massacre that he and all his kibbutz members went through and did not give up until the last drop of blood in the war for their home.
And he continues to fight even now, with all the pain, the memories, the wounds, the scars, he is here to tell, to share and to make sure that everyone hears and understands what exactly happened. For the sake of the victims, for the wounded and for the future of the residents of Kibbutz Bari.

We arrived at the houses of the kibbutz, all the walls have holes, everything is burnt, it seems as if a second before the murderous attack, life was so peaceful and calm.
The dishes are still in the dishwasher, dirty clothes on the tray, children's toys in the bedroom, football in the garden. And in one moment everything stopped. Deleted! A whole history of families simply became extinct. There is no trace, not even a photo as a souvenir.
The eyes stare, the heart cannot contain, the head fights with thoughts and attempts to imagine what happened in each and every room in those terrible moments, and the thought of what happened to the victims in that space in those moments gave me no rest. I felt dizzy. The head keeps getting wet...

Stops thinking about trying to restore but can't really do it. Because we will never be able to understand the magnitude of the fear, the panic, the helplessness and the introspection that the end has come. My heart is broken.
And if I thought that the head might be able to imagine and understand what happened, we started to hear the testimonies of the ZAKA people and I realized that it is far beyond imagination.
Two horror stories about a woman who was found with no clothes and broken legs with a bullet in her head!!!!
A boy found with a knife stuck in his head on one side and coming out the other.
And from here no one could function anymore. Inhuman human animals!!! Monsters! May they die a painful death!
We all stayed there in silence with our thoughts and blood...”
There’s a good chance those responses he’s received are driven by misinterpreting who / what he is aiming the post at. Only he knows 100%. I’d guess however it’s targeted at those personally responsible for what he has seen first hand and nothing more

What is certain however, is he’s put himself on offer by making the comments publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here