Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This time last year.....

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Oi Mullers! Answer the question. What's your vision for the club, and how would you realise it on the revenue we have.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Grizz said:
I agree with you Chappers and Wilts and am willing to patient with it.

I think we have a good squad for division 2, the only place we do lack is up front and as we've seen Coppell realises that and will be doing his best with what he's got to strengthen there. I think the most important thing we have as a squad is the Team spirit. Many of these players have been together for 3 years and know how each other plays. They wont take those 5/6 games to gel since they've played the majority of last season together. I can't see the relegation factor being a problem since they've tasted championships and will want to be challenging again.

I'm excited about the new season :)

BTW Mullers what is your vision for the club? Just out of interest.

Grizz

Well, since you ask:-
1) Having a ground with a capacity of 30-35000, that people can pay on the gate. Without f***ing stupid "park-and-ride".

2) Returning to the status of "Sussex's league team", when everyone can get to see all but the bigest games. Instead of most having to support the likes of Palarse, Pompy, and London clubs 'cos they cannot get into Brighton's ground.

3) The team playing in the Premiership, and possibly even Europe. For which Falmer will not be big enough, and as i understand it, it cannot be expanded.

4) The team consisting of "reasonable" players, as we had in the late 70s.

5) A team with a few promising youngsters, picked-up from other clubs. I.e. the likes of Steve Sidwell being signed on a permenant basis. I don't mind Bobby moving to a bigger/richer club, at least it was fun to watch him develop. Even Peter Ward was sold!

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Mullers said:
Well, since you ask:-
1) Having a ground with a capacity of 30-35000, that people can pay on the gate. Without f***ing stupid "park-and-ride".

2) Returning to the status of "Sussex's league team", when everyone can get to see all but the bigest games. Instead of most having to support the likes of Palarse, Pompy, and London clubs 'cos they cannot get into Brighton's ground.

3) The team playing in the Premiership, and possibly even Europe. For which Falmer will not be big enough, and as i understand it, it cannot be expanded.

4) The team consisting of "reasonable" players, as we had in the late 70s.

5) A team with a few promising youngsters, picked-up from other clubs. I.e. the likes of Steve Sidwell being signed on a permenant basis. I don't mind Bobby moving to a bigger/richer club, at least it was fun to watch him develop. Even Peter Ward was sold!

I'm sure that's what everyone wants (at any club!). But it can't be done overnight. That plan will take at least 5 years in the current scenario with your club's structure to even get it going, let alone fulfil the Europe etc... takes time, fella.

Get the infrastructure, then the ground, and the players concurrently.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
a new rule hinslewood must be 10,000 miles away from brighton for every game - or faced getting egged by me !

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
WiltsRoyal said:
I'm sure that's what everyone wants (at any club!). But it can't be done overnight. That plan will take at least 5 years in the current scenario with your club's structure to even get it going, let alone fulfil the Europe etc... takes time, fella.

Get the infrastructure, then the ground, and the players concurrently.

I know exactly what you are saying and agree. However, IF we do get Falmer :)bowdown: ) with its 22500 capacity, and no scope to expand, the rest cannot ever happen! I see Dick Tight's vision as us being an average Div1 "family" club. As i understand it, your Madj Stad was built with the ability to double its capacity. However, there is massive infrastucture problems with Falmer's 22500.:nono:

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Hamilton said:
Oi Mullers! Answer the question. What's your vision for the club, and how would you realise it on the revenue we have.

Why are our current revenues an issue? Dick Tight is the issue, he is too tight to invest his money in the club! If he is not interested in putting proper money into the club, then he should f***-off and allow in one of the people who are rumoured to want to invest, but expect to take control!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here