Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This time last year

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
We are tougher to beat and creating many more chances so that is progress. The next stage of progress is basically top 6.

I think with the players we signed and our start we probably all thought we would be a bit further on. I think if GP was being honest he would of expected us to be in the top 6.

Still , we are in touch and have a transfer window nearly upon us where unlike most teams 1 player will probably be the jigsaw complete.

Less exciting than last year probably down to the new amex / new league experience but pretty relaxed about it.

I'm enjoying my football and no doubting we are a very good team

Please...."have" NOT "of"..... Thanks.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
It'll come good ... we are just a clinical finish or two (or three) away from being a very good side. You cannot have a perfectly timed run into the playoffs, with winning momentum, if you are already in the top four at this stage.... 8th is perfect for this scenario. 8th and looking good but NOT QUITE winning all the games we should, is even better in mid December. We are perfectly positioned and playing well enough for that late season surge...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
although the point difference is negligible, i do believe we are a far better team than last season. with a bit of competence / luck in front of goal, we would be a lot better off than last season.

probably not.....but at least me and you give it a go

now is the time for marching :bowdown:

You are HEROES, both of you :clap:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It'll come good ... we are just a clinical finish or two (or three) away from being a very good side. You cannot have a perfectly timed run into the playoffs, with winning momentum, if you are already in the top four at this stage.... 8th is perfect for this scenario. 8th and looking good but NOT QUITE winning all the games we should, is even better in mid December. We are perfectly positioned and playing well enough for that late season surge...

I could KISS you for your realistic yet positive approach. Bravo :clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the real progress is that we look like a Championship side. We've had the likes of Painter and Dicker play and perform well enough because overall we haven't any direct weakspots and are able to read the game well enough to cope with minor mistakes made. We had a blip, of course, but we've virtually never seemed out of place or fighting above our weight like we did last year.

Perfectly put, we are only a clinical finisher away from being genuine contenders this season. Patience is the key, this team IS going places.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Unlike last year, where our position was deserved, we have been bloody unlucky this season!

We have only lost 5, which is pretty incredible in itself, but we'd be right up there if those deserved wins didn't end up unfortunate draws.

Really i thought we were bloody lucky last year to be unbeaten in 6 or 7 at the start of last season....

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
although the point difference is negligible, i do believe we are a far better team than last season. with a bit of competence / luck in front of goal, we would be a lot better off than last season.

probably not.....but at least me and you give it a go

now is the time for marching :bowdown:

i still laugh at how many people get the clap part wrong.............

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
We are stuck in fourth gear at the moment. Wait until vicente returns and clicks us into fifth, nay sixth gear, when we can start cruising. Oh the fun, fun, fun of the Autobahn. The fun, fun, fun...repeat til we win the league.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
progress imo,thats all i want,steady as she goes

Absolutely . It is progress , just thta some NSCers believe it our God given right to be top of the league 12 points clear.

Also, we and I am sure Gus knows where the improvements lie. It is tangible, as opposed to us playing great week in week out and inexplicably losing all the time.

January will see some come and some go and the building blocks made more rigid and higher.

Progress indeed.

TNBA

TTF

Silverfox

Aug 1, 2011
Eastbourne
Just remember that this time last year Reading were near the bottom and yet won promotion so anything still possible (not that I would want to emulate their Premiership year)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
12/13 (after 22 games)
Shots on target: 130 (10th) 5.9/game
Shots off target: 144 (1st) 6.5/game
Hit woodwork: 10 (5th) 0.45/game

11/12 (after 46 games)
Shots on target: 209 (23rd) 4.5/game
Shots off target: 200 (24th) 4.3/game
Hit woodwork: 19 (8th) 0.41/game

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Absolutely . It is progress , just thta some NSCers believe it our God given right to be top of the league 12 points clear.

Also, we and I am sure Gus knows where the improvements lie. It is tangible, as opposed to us playing great week in week out and inexplicably losing all the time.

January will see some come and some go and the building blocks made more rigid and higher.

Progress indeed.

TNBA

TTF

agree 100% fella

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Unlike last year, where our position was deserved, we have been bloody unlucky this season!

We have only lost 5, which is pretty incredible in itself, but we'd be right up there if those deserved wins didn't end up unfortunate draws.

I was going to make a similar comment however i was going to add that last season we had more 'lucky' points gained than this. Doncaster in injury time, Pompey missing a last min penalty, etc whereas this season we have had several teams score from their first shot (which was deflected) so you could argue that without the luck so far this time around, we are still in a better position than we were last season. Definitely progress and a great chance of making the play-offs (or dare i say it, better)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here